View Single Post
Old August 09, 2009, 08:33 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpanadaRica View Post
Sorry I didn' t read about that, meaning you learned via the internet? Yes the internet is an amazing tool trust me I am exploiting and using it to the max!!! I can now hardly imagine doing without it...
However being fully submerged in a place where you are forced to hear and speak a language is a very good way to learn it I think, although on the other hand of course, you may miss the finer points because you miss the tools to ask for clarifications or similarities in English e.g.

Sometimes it' s good to 'externalize' (them, you know those, far away from me..)
... especially when dealing with problematic issues..

The use of internet if fantastic, but that's not how I acquired English. I referred to the internet as a mean to "immerse" yourself in the language of your choice, where you have to "almost live" whatever situation, especially if you are in chat with someone.

As to my reference of the way I learned English, I have several posts that describe more or less what to do.

Briefly:

Lee y escribe una novela, de tu agrado, en español, mientras la traduces a tu idioma nativo, con la ayuda de un diccionario bilingüe. El diccionario provee la pronunciación o una guía de la fonética española.

Si sabes leer, escribir y hablar en tu idioma, entonces no tienes que "aprender" español, solo tienes que traducir lo que ya sabes en tu idioma al español. Y eso es otra cosa que aprender.