View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Inglés – Gran Bretaña.
conejodescarado is on a distinguished road
In this case they mean the same thing. The "me" makes the construction reflexive, but in this particular case the meaning doesn't change.

The verb aburrir means to bore, which is something you can do do somebody else:

¿Te estoy aburriendo? = Am I boring you?

While aburrirse (the reflexive form) means to get bored, which is an action entirely isolated to yourself.

Me estoy aburriendo = I'm getting bored.

Often when you make a verb reflexive (by making the recipient of the action the same as the subject), the meaning of the verb can be thought of as the English to get + verb.

For example to bore vs. to get bored, though this is just a guide if you can't find a real definition for the reflexive verb. Some verbs change meaning entirely when made reflexive, so you should always check a dictionary to be sure.

Because the construction you posted uses estoy + the past participle, it can only ever apply to yourself though, so the reflexive version is basically the same

Read up on reflexive verbs: http://spanish.about.com/od/sentence...xive_verbs.htm