View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 08:01 PM
Ruby

lingos is on a distinguished road
thanks for your reply

what other approaches would you propose for quick learning and expanding vocabulary?

listing of items may be advantageous because it offers a mnemotechnic way to learn, furthemore it offers convenient way to make repetition [repetitio est mater studiorum] (for example trying to make repetition from a text, paragraphs etc, although may help some, for others would be more time-consuming), and although I could not learn the whole list, I would have a good idea, a first look of the words I can cross - use if I even need, without meaning that I will memorize lists

ofcourse any kind of lists would not be the main course, but just a tool, which for the above reasons I find it useful, and moreover lists seem to be unavoidable for any language learning (irregular verbs, etc)

and from your crucial information, I believe a list of words that are the same but have different meaning, is very helpful, it will save much trouble especialy for those that are considering giving some kind of exams

anyone would like to share learning methods that helped you, please feel free to post

thanks

Last edited by lingos; March 16, 2009 at 08:32 PM.