View Single Post
Old February 24, 2018, 11:20 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
A couple of problems exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-learner View Post
We don’t eat meat, cow, fish, horse or chicken or animal broth.
No comemos ningún tipo de carne: ternera, pescado, caballo, pollo u otros animales.
(The translation is natural sounding, but differs in some regards from the English.)

They are allergic to wheat, wheat flour and gluten. They absolutely must not eat it. If they eat it by mistake, they will become ill.
Son alérgicos al trigo, a su harina y al gluten. Tienen absolutamente prohibido tomarlos. Si por error se los toman, se pondrán muy enfermos.
(The sentence I highlighted in red is not a translation of the English sentence, which makes use of a direct object pronoun in the singular form where a plural form is required. Even though the Spanish translation uses the correct form of the pronoun, I would rather see a translation along the lines of 'no deberse comerlos en absoluto'. By the way, the same English pronoun in question appears in the next sentence and, once again, the Spanish version contains the correct form.)

Suitable for a Celiac
apta para un Celíaco
(This is usually rendered 'Apto para celíacos', which is a translation of 'Suitable for celiacs'. Note that the word 'apto' will change depending on the gender and number of the subject. Also note that title case is different in Spanish.)

They are Celiac
Son celíacos
(I would say 'celiacs' in the English version. That is the meaning of the Spanish translation. If the subject in question consists of only females, the word you used needs to be changed to reflect their gender.)

Last edited by Rusty; February 24, 2018 at 12:16 PM.