View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 12:28 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Giving you straight answers, as it's been done, won't help you much. That's the same as doing your homework for you.
Tomísimo's policy is rather to offer hints so you can find the right answers yourself and learn from what you have corrected.

I'll explain some of my notes. You can re-write your paragraph with the corrections and then I can move on to the next ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiks View Post
Si no estoy trabajando en una caridad ni ***(Check the bold type --the preposition--: you have written the first part of the sentence with the right structure, which must be repeated after "ni".) un nuevo parque de patinaje salgo con mis primeros amigos. (What would "first friends" mean? Best friends? Friends from childhood? You would have to explain this in Spanish so it makes sense or find a better word that would explicitly say what you mean.)

Yo vivo cerca de una gran cantidad de pistas de skate *** (You need to insert the neuter article that goes with "que" here --you've used it correctly in your essay, so it will be easy to see.) que es genial para mí.

Paso tiempo con mis hijos cada vez que puedo; son una parte muy importante de mi vida y ser un padre (In Spanish to be + a + profession/occupation doesn't need the indefinite article: ser + ocupación) realmente me da una perspectiva diferente en general. En general, trato de comer sano ***(punctuation missing to separate both ideas) como ahora que soy mayor, tengo que cuidarme más, (check the right punctuation) el monopatinaje es un deporte muy duro. Estoy acostumbrado a caer como lo he hecho tantas veces en el pasado, pero no estoy exactamente (this should modify "más joven", not the verbs; which means this must be somewhere else, closer to the expression "más joven") volviendo *** (pronominal needed here) más joven ***(punctuation needed) lo que es útil para mí estar en mejor estado físico para que pueda sanar bien. También yo tengo mi propia marca de ropa llamada [Marca], a menudo estoy ocupado tratando de organizar todo y hablar de diferentes aspectos como las nuevas monopatines (Check your gender agreement -- "Monopatín" is masculine, and "las nuevas" is feminine) o el sitio web, etc.