View Single Post
Old August 23, 2008, 06:44 AM
Opal

Native Language: English (British/Irish)
Anna is on a distinguished road
Flash cards* work really well and for more difficult words or words that I just cant get into my head...I write the word on several pieces of paper and stick them all over the house (on the fridge, on the front door, inside my wardrobe door, on mirrors etc) so that Im constantly reminded and eventually learn the word! ;-)

FLASH CARDS = on a small piece of card write the Spanish word on one side and your language on the other. Hold all the cards in your hand, Spanish side face up. Look at each Spanish word in turn and try to say it in your language. Check the other side of the card to see if your are correct. If yes, place the card to one side (because you know it now) and if no, place the card to the bottom of the rest of the cards in your hand (so that you will have another chance to guess it). Keep doing this until all the cards are to one side. NEXT!....the harder way....repeat the exercise with YOUR language face up and try to guess the Spanish word. Once all the cards are to one side - you know the words very well!!! ;-)
(This is a very powerful method for learning anything!)

Anna