View Single Post
Old April 27, 2019, 12:24 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
For me both parts of the sentence don't match in regular Spanish speaking.

I tried to convey the same sentiment I see in your sentence but I find it doesn't work for me. With "A ver cuándo nos vemos" you're expressing kind of "I'm anxiously looking forward to our next meeting ", and then, by "hasta entonces" or even "entre tanto" you are sort of declaring you are not going to have any kind of contact with this person, which sounds like they embarked in the Mayflower for good while you remained in England, more than sounding like a twenty-first century personal relation.

If it's a casual relation, like when you exchange mail addresses with the member of another sport teem, and you're trying to say, like, when the schedule makes us be in the same town, then the second part makes sense, but not the first one in your Spanish version. In this case, I would say

Espero que nuestros caminos se crucen pronto nuevamente. Hasta entonces, te deseo lo mejor (excepto que los tuyos le ganen a nuestro equipo )

If the longing expressed by "a ver cuándo nos vemos" is real, because there is a developing affection -romantic or not- I would rather say

Y a ver cuando nos volvemos a ver. Mientras eso ocurre, te deseo lo mejor.

"mientras eso ocurre" sounds very simple but it's an advanced phrase. It means a suspensive condition: while we're expecting that condition (to meet again) to happen, if ever, I wish you the best.

As always, communication, and especially translations, depend on context.