View Single Post
Old September 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
Opal

MomoEnds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacuba View Post
I have a friend here who is was born in D.F. and she told me that she had a horrible time understanding spoken Spanish in certain regions of Spain.

But heck, I have trouble understanding people from certain areas of my own country. Mississippi and Louisiana come to mind. I also met a guy here from Scotland, and I have to concentrate very hard to follow along when he's speaking at a normal pace.
Well i daré you to visit Liverpool and talk to a genuine scouser, them you tell su all if you understand anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorator View Post
The best Spanish language professors used to teach in Catalonia too. But do you think they would like to teach there now?
The best dubbing actors in Spain had to go to Catalonia, because there were the dubbing studios. The dubbing studios won't last much more time in Catalonia, at least dubbing into Spanish, I'm afraid.
Honey the best known university is in Zaragoza, the best actors go to Madrid to the official school or Cristina rota's, if you want to study arts you go to Barcelona and if you want to be a theatre actor or study performing arts you go to Barcelona. And if you wanted to be a dub actor you could choose between those two. Second i know that subtitled films improve english level but, have you ever watch a film subtitled and realise you have missed have of the actor's performance? The problem is that it is now compulsory to show x% per cent of the movies dubbed in catalán and the production como any wont pay dub actors for a film that is going to be seen by just on one big city!!

Last edited by Rusty; September 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: merged back-to-back posts