View Single Post
Old January 23, 2010, 06:02 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
In my first question, I was saying "I have been studying Spanish for one year." I gave two ways that I believe are correct to say that. My question was about "desde hace".

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba
My next question is how to express something in the past that also ended in the past. If I want to say that I studied Spanish in college 20 years ago, could I also say:
Estudié español hace veinte años en la universidad.

For some reason I seem to remember being told that this is how to say it. But then how do you distinguish between the action that hasn't yet ended and the action that ended twenty years ago?

For my second question, I stated what I wanted to say. "I studied Spanish in college 20 years ago."
I added 4 to your quote on this one, on the original I only added 1

Then I made a mistake on the phrase:

I have been studying Spanish for one year - He estado estudiando español (desde) hace un año. Con desde o sin, es lo mismo.

There.

I am not asking you to have patience with me, but with yourself.

One more thing. When you get into that state of mind where you cannot even stand yourself, please do not try to write other posts, just get up, go outside the room, take sip of water and then come back. That usually works wonders.

It makes you see thing you had in front of you, and could not see.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; January 23, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts