View Single Post
Old January 15, 2017, 01:02 PM
Opal

Native Language: American English
lordhelmit is on a distinguished road
Multiple ways to say the same thing

Hola, este sólo es mi tercero mensaje aquí, así que corregir cualquier errores que veas.

Mi pregunta esta sobre diciendo algo que tiene más que una forma decirlo. Por ejemplo, "estoy tratando entender español mejor para ti" y "estoy intentando comprender español para ti". Como me sabría que forma es corrija? Eran ambos corrija?

Como siempre, gracias por su (tu?) ayuda.

I only used a spanish-english dictionary for "ambos" y "cualquier", so do correct me if I used them wrong. I did copy/paste the whole message into Google translate just to make sure it looks right, and according to the Googles, it is...but I know the Googles doesn't really do it all that well. This sort of thing I encounter relatively frequently, too - seemingly multiple ways to say the same thing. Don't worry about correcting my English grammatical errors, I'm a native english speaker and don't care about that. I do for Spanish though of course.

Si tu recuerdame, soy el hombre con una novia nueva que es de Puerto Rico. (We have been dating?) para tres meses ahora.

In case you see this like really soon, I'm about to go on my phone to edit the post to put the appropriate accent marks. It's a pain to do on my laptop.

Last edited by lordhelmit; January 15, 2017 at 01:10 PM.