View Single Post
Old May 07, 2010, 06:32 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookami View Post
Phrases like this aren't that common, it's actually the first time hear it, and I have read about Peronism many times. It's just that, a figurative way to say that you have to "take it easy" till scene gets quite enough to continue with what you were doing/planning to do, to mount again.
This is a very specific phrase... I'll pay you if you hear this while you stay here.

What you are going to hear depends a lot of the places you'll visit and with who you'll talk. On a museum, at the university, with that family... I think you will adapt really fast.
Now, the "informal" and "relaxed" Argentinian language has maybe some notorious differences with other places, because of the influence of "lunfardo", for example. But that would not be a problem, I can assure you.

As others told you, don't think too much about this, just practicing Spanish is enough. The specific things will come alone, you can always ask the other to explain to you what you don't understand, and he will say it in a neutral Spanish without problem.

Living with a family for learning is the best! Do you know how the family is formed?