View Single Post
Old May 08, 2010, 12:46 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: Español(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
No, I was referring that, if you have to study something(chossing), maybe it's better to study grammar or neutral things than slang or very idiomatic phrases(that keep changing), but sure that if you find yourself in front of a idiomatic phrase, to try to understand it will be the best thing.
Now, I think that from ten idiomatic phrases/slang you may here, at least eight will be rude, gross/vulgar. (at least here)

About the question, I tried to ask if you know the persons the family has... "how is the family formed?" it is bad this way? An answer will be: a couple, parents with a young child, an old lady living alone, etc.

Maybe in the countryside is common(well all phrases are more commonly used at the countryside), I don't know, but at least in the city I don't hear with frequency that kind of phrases, even common ones as "al que madruga Dios le ayuda" or "está fresco para chomba". All people will understand them and will seem common to theirs ears, but -at least in the city- today's people don't seem to use phrases with relative complexity that much. Now, despective ways of talking always remain.