View Single Post
Old December 27, 2012, 12:00 PM
Opal

Native Language: English/Welsh
Robby is on a distinguished road
Should I go for Spanish or Italian?

The obvious choice to me seems to be Spanish as it seems easier but the motive for Italian is that it's such a popular romance language. I'd like to learn a new language to keep me busy, for interest and it would benefit me when writing code because I'm in a programming community of world wide foreign speakers.

So, the heart wants to go for Italian but my common sense is telling me to go for Spanish but then I'm sure you can all agree with me when I say that both can be just as deceiving at times. Italian would be the harder route but to achieve what I'd feel is more.. not successful but I can't explain it. It'd feel like it were a bigger deal, whereas Spanish is the easier route but I wouldn't feel as satisfied as if it were Italian.

It's like doing a level 1 diploma for a subject so you could avoid the exams when you could take a written A-level exam that's equivalent to several level 1 diplomas but that'd mean you'd go through extra effort, bearing in mind this scenario is for those alike myself who really do not like sitting down for an exam.

Could you point me in the correct direction?