View Single Post
Old January 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Opal

Native Language: Inglés.
AikenRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopellime View Post
As I seek out learning resources, I've come across quite a bit on the Internet and it sometimes is overwhelming. I wonder if any of you have any experience or thoughts on the following:

-studyspanish.com- and their 'Camino del Exito' course

-spanishpod101.com- and their overall site

-spanishprograms.com- and their Visual Link course

-synergyspanish.com- and their product by the same name

These are but four, that I've narrowed down among several others, for possible purchase. Like most of us, I hope to avoid shelling out dollar after dollar on different programs. Just one 'preemptive" comment: I realize that I can learn without a formal course and many of the members of this community have attested to that approach. I'm all for that and incorporating a lot of those practices. My work as a community organizer (meetings and events day and night) inhibits my taking a formal class so self-study is the way. I'm seeking out a course to give me structure in the midst of all the things that frequently call for my attention.

If you know of any courses (online or CD/mp3) that employs Krashen's (I have a related post on his stuff in the Forum) Natural Approach to Spanish, that would be great. From the little I know, it occurs to me as an approach that appeals to my learning style. I’ve come across a lot of the theoretical stuff about his work but not a program or course using it.

Thanx!
Dude, honestly, you don't need to spend much money. Go to your local bookstore and pick up a english/spanish dictionary(cheap), a book that conjugates spanish verbs(cheap), an idiot's guide to beginner's spanish(cheap), and since you live in D.C., get a Spanish newspaper(cheap), and for under $25 you won't need anything else. CNN en enspañol and BBC mundo will provide plenty of translation matierial. Spanish ain't that hard once you learn the pronuncations

Last edited by AikenRooster; January 14, 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: misspelled some words