View Single Post
Old August 30, 2013, 01:54 PM
Pearl

Native Language: German, Serbian & Albanian
Premium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn3 View Post
I guess Spanish is hard and easy at the same time. Does English or Spanish have more vocabulary?
It doesn't particularly address Spanish, because that's the thing with every language.
English has definitely a bigger vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
@Premium
No, I was serious about this. They are really good techniques that should be used in school, but instead we are - or better say the teachers - use boring, old-fashioned techniques. In fact, I think we should learn reading the way we do until 5th or 6th grade, from this grade we should learn fast reading techniques. Since I discovered those techniques I am really angry about my teachers (fast reading isn't that new and was already discovered with good techniques when I attended school). How much I have missed and how many things I could easily understand now. In fact I doubled my speed and understand more of nearly every text I am reading. Even English articles are easier now. But as always it depends on the topic and words used. If this about a scientific topic, I will read slow. If this is a novel, I will read as fast as I can with a higher comprehention.
I don't know any other school system than the one in Austria.
Pretty much nobody learns a language if you only have 2 hours English or any other foreign language per week in school. Compared to other countries Germany and Austria actually do well. It would even be better if movies aren't dubbed like in the Netherlands or Sweden, where the percentage of English-speakers are considerably higher.
I don't really think any technique would change that when you only have 2 hours per week.