View Single Post
Old February 19, 2009, 05:46 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post

"no se puede nunca altercar con las autoridades, como lo son los maestros. Estos niños se enfurecen por pequeñas cosas ridículas. Necesitan aprender a dejar las cosas como son (o como estan). Necesitan aprender a aflojarse.Me corrije por favor (o corríjame por favor)
Some questions about this, too.... It's the pronouns that I'm not seeming to get right....... Let me break it apart:
- "no se puede..." (instead of "no puedo...") - third person verb? and to what does the "se" refer?
- "como lo son lose maestros..." (instead of "como los maestros...") - is this like saying "like those who are teachers"?
- "me corrije" o "corríjame..." (instead of "le correja...") - I was trying to say "correct it" (referring to "what I've written") - but is it better to say "correct ME"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
Si porque en realidad no es spanglish.

Spanglish es cuando nosotros españolizamos una palabra inglesa. Ej:

To mop = mapear.

Truck = troca or troka

Y en esto muchos mexicanos van a entender esto que sigue :

hacer un jon ron.

or You make a Spanish word an English one. ie:

There a couple of words that I cannot think of at this moment, but it looks like this...

You want to say in spanish, "I am very tired"

and you say "Yo mucho tiro"

... and I forget the usual word....

I suffer from CRS Syndrome.

Hernan.
So you mean things like "no problemo" and "si señor" and other "Spanish-y" sounding things that some Americans say are what you're referring to by saying "Spanglish"?

(YAWN....) Estoy cansada..........

Este es el mundo de Lou Ann..........