View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 06:57 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
I have never been to Spain nor any other Spanish speaking countries. Yet ,from my teacher and other sources, I have always had the impression that the Spanish people are more easily offended than South Americans, is this true?

For example, is it true that the Spanish don't like people who are too "polite" (i.e. A person who says please and thank you a lot)?

Is it true that South Americans are more extroverted and 'warm'? How do the Spanish treat foreigners?

I am of course talking generally as I know not everyone is the same. This is something that I've always found curious. What do you guys think?

----
Yo nunca he estado en España o en un otro pais hispanohablante. Sin enmbargo, yo siempre tuve la impresión de que los espanoles son más fácilmente ofendidos que los súdamericanos, ¿es esto verdad?

Por ejemplo, ¿es verdad que a los españoles no les gustan personas que son demasiadamente 'cortés' (Una persona que dice mucho por favores y gracias)

¿Es verdad que los sudamericanos son más extrovertidos y cariñosos? ¿Como es que los españoles tratan a los extranjeros?

Yo estoy hablando generalmente. Yo sé que todos no son iguales. ¿Qué piensan?

----
PS: And this reminds me of another thing. Regarding "Ustedes/Vosotros", I know ustedes is formal but in most situations I don't see the need for formalities. Is someone considered rude if he doesn't address a stranger as usted?
Vejo que a sua língua materna é o português. Você a de Portugal?

You have opened up a can of worms here mi amigo. So many stereotypes. No se donde comenzar amigo con tus comentarios. If the Spanish from Spain are less polite then why would they get offended?
South Americans are as varied as any other group of people. Generally speaking people from warmer climates seem to be more friendly and out going. I think this is true whether it's in Spain, Italy, Portugal, Africa, Ecuador or any other country. Speaking of the South American country of Ecuador(which I have had much experience with) for example the people on the coast where it is very warm/hot have the reputation of being very different and out going, friendly from the people in the high mountains in the capital of Quito. Colombia is the same way. People from Cuba all live in a warm climate and tend to be out going and friendly.
I just came back from Italy. People from southern Italy have stereotypes about the people of the north and visa versa.
I have been to the north and the south and there is a big difference. People from the south and the warm climates hug and kiss while the people in the north and mountainous areas are colder and touch less. This of course is some what of a stereotype but it's what I have experienced and read about. So South American from elevated cold places tend to be less gregarious than the South Americans from warm places along the coastal waters.

All Spanish speakers are polite and the words por favor y gracias are always heard from Spain to Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Costa Rica, El Salvador or anyother Spanish speaking country.

Los españoles tratan bien a los extranjeros. Go to France if you want to be treated bad. jajajajajajaja... Have been to France 4 times and have been treated good and bad. The French sometimes seem to take it as an insult if you don't speak French. Much like Americans with English. I always say that the French make good Americans because of their attitude. jajajajajajaja... The Spanish in Spain don't seem to get upset if you don't speak Spanish and love it if you do speak Spanish. I have experience this in every Spanish speaking country I have been too. In Italy it is the same way. If you speak Italian the Italians really appreciate it. Mexico the same way.

Last edited by Villa; July 14, 2013 at 07:15 PM.