View Single Post
Old March 03, 2007, 01:41 PM
Opal

Native Language: english
fullbite is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply Tomisimo. You know I have already bought the dictionary that you recomended and showed a picture of on another post. It is ofcourse very useful but I do have trouble understanding some of the symbols in the pronouniation of the words. For example an upside down Y or a V with a "teardrop" on the bottom of it, or a 0 with a - throught it. I do carry notebooks and jot down things all the time. Ive bought a grammar book,I listen to cds "mostly my law enforcement one" in my vehicle all day while I drive around, I bought flash cards when I got the dictionary at the book store, and I definately talk to myself . I find myself looking forward to getting Hispanic calls to go on.
I dont want to offend anyone on this board by acting like I want to speak spanish for the enjoyment of writing tickets to hispanics. I want to be able to communicate in spanish for officer safety reasons and because I know what its like to be in a country and not be able to understand people, I think it would be awful to not understand the language and have a deputy at your door and not know what they are saying.Then the obviouse reason to advance my career.Not to mention it is an awesome feeling to be able to communicate.