View Single Post
Old April 28, 2012, 12:01 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Español
Don José is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktavian View Post
T

By the way, I don't think the problem here is that the speaker is Catalan. The man at 0:08 is clearly influenced by his mother tongue when speaking Spanish - you can hear the underlying intonation of Catalan, but not the guy at 0:38. That guy speaks very much the type of colloquial, underpronounced Spanish that you often hear it wherever you go and that is a huge challenge for us, foreigners.
There has been a lot of migrants from Andalucía to Catalonia, and now it's not difficult to see the influence in the language. That guy at 0:38 says something as:

"Hombre, no sé quién vendría, pero sería un palo grande pah toh loh aficionaos, seguro."

This is similar to the standard way of talking in Andalucía. "Aficionaos" instead of "aficionados" can be hear in many (?) places in Spain.

I've met people born in Catalonia whose parents were Andalusian, who show clearly the Andalusian influence, although they don't sound Andalusian at all. This influence can also be contagious. I wouldn't dare to assure it is the case of the guy at 0:38, but it could be.