Tema: Eat crow
Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo August 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
Chris Chris no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: American English
Chris is on a distinguished road
This is odd, I was just outside with my youngest son a few days ago when I heard a donkey. I told him to be quiet and listen but the donkey didn't make any more noise. A crow did though so I asked him if he had heard it. After a few more "crows" from the crow he heard it and we went looking for it. I could tell from the sound that it was in a pine tree ahead of us but I couldn't see it because of all the pine cones. After a while listening to the crow one flew from the tree and we got to see it. It wasn't a big murder, but I have noticed a lot more crows than I normally do in the area. It started getting late so we went inside and looked up crows on the internet and learned a lot about them and their extended family. Edgar Allen Poe's Raven is of the crow family. I will read that poem nevermore... There are crows or a variant of them in most areas.

I wanted to stay out late enough to hear the owl calling. I showed him how it sounded and he got a big kick out of it so when we were looking at crows I found some owl call mp3's and played them. He was laughing so hard.

There is an owl that lives behind the house in the woods and my wife woke me up one night "Chris... Chris... Someone is outside saying "Who?" After a second I realized it was the owl and poked her ribs a little bit.

Anyway it was good to know where "eating crow" comes from.
Responder Con Cita