View Single Post
Old September 04, 2013, 01:42 AM
Pearl

Native Language: German
tetsuo is on a distinguished road
Learning all the dialect would mean you'll learn Welsh and Irish after learning Oxford English until you achieved a reasonable level.

I wouldn't worry abbout those dialects. I don't learn German dialects either because I think - and that's not my own point of view - people will use Standard German so both understand each other. I guess, Spanish people - no matter where they are from - will understand Standard Spanish, too.

I'd go with Portuguese, Italien, French, Brazilian Portuguese because the roots are the same. If you'd like to you can take Romanian, too. It has also the roots. I personally wouldn't do that, instead I'd go with all the other languages. (Un)Fortunately I do know people worldwide - not personally (mostly) - so any language would make sense to me. And I am so curious.

As for my English, I like to know slang terms - so I have books and website about to acknowledge more of the language. As for Spanish, unfortately I have only one book covering only a small amount dirty words. So, the basis is being it mustn't be slang. Too bad.