View Single Post
Old February 20, 2015, 09:51 PM
Ruby

Native Language: American English
Roxerz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julvenzor View Post
A little big problem for "seseante" speakers is that they have more difficulties to distinguish between "s" and "z". By the way, what do you mean with "en mi parcial"?

[...]en mi parcial, casi me dormí/duermo.

A pleasure.
Thanks, I didn't know the difference between dormir and dormirse. I thought dormirse was more like to put yourself to bed to try to sleep but I just read that it's to fall asleep while dormir is to be asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
¡Ay, mis ojos!

Spelling mistakes are much more frequent than one would expect; people don't care much for what they write.

@Roxerz: When you find something that doesn't make much sense, like the use of "haber" for "a ver" or "ya vez" for "¿ya ves?", etc., try pronouncing it loud, and focus on how it sounds, so it will be easier to make sense of a poorly written expression.
Hehe I will try. It's that after 1.5 years of studying Spanish, I am finally being corrected on pronounciation even though I've been butchering all the vowels so I've been accustomed to V and Z still sounding the same in English. Spanish pronounciation is outside of the program for obtaining a minor in Spanish but I am taking a phonetics and phonology class here to improve my speaking abilities. I'm learning so much how I've been butchering the language, I highly recommend it to non-native speakers.