View Single Post
Old September 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
Thank you!
I thought of that right after I'd posted it and tried to change it, but it didn't work, so thanks!

This is what I've written so far ...
I can't write too much because I have to memorize it.. and I don't want to go overboard and then make lots of silly mistakes and mess up my grade because of it :/ Please correct me if there's any mistakes!

Mi nombre es (me llamo) ********. Soy una chica de dieciseis años. Yo trabajo (estoy trabajando) en una cafeteria (I don't know how to say "downtown"). Soy de *****, la capital de *******. Vivo con madre en el casa de *****. Tengo un hermano què tiene dieciocho años. Èl toca (?) la guitarra en un grupo de rock. La banda se llama (?) ********.
Tengo una perra que se llama Blanca.

EDIT: thanks a lot CrOtALiTo !
I suppose others will correct, but me llamo is probably better than mi nombre es. Use trabajo instead of estoy trabajando (the latter is used only when you are actually at work, physically working). You're missing an accent in the word dieciséis and cafetería. The accent marks you've used in the words él and qué are backward. You omitted the word mi in front of madre. The word casa is femenine, so the article that precedes it needs to be changed. You used the correct verb for to play (the guitar).

... en una cafetería del centro. (downtown)

Last edited by Rusty; September 25, 2008 at 01:09 PM.