View Single Post
Old August 02, 2010, 10:52 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Two weeks!? Most people would start with a much smaller set of vocabulary than what you've chosen to use.

Let's tackle one sentence (even one phrase) at a time.

¡Yo estudio mucho! There's nothing really wrong with this sentence, except that you don't need to say the subject pronoun yo. The correctly-conjugated verb ending tells us who the person is.

"You can find me" is an English phrase that is referencing no one in particular. In other words, the "you" in this phrase isn't really a person you're addressing. In Spanish, this type of construct also needs to be written in an 'impersonal' way - it shouldn't address a second person. For that reason, Spanish has an 'impersonal se' construct. English has the same thing - it's the not-so-colloquial 'one can find me' construct. To use this construct in Spanish, the impersonal pronoun se precedes the conjugated verb. Now, the problem is, you didn't write the correct verb in your phrase. There should be a conjugated form of poder (to be able) in your phrase, followed by the infinitive encontrar. Then, the direct object pronoun me needs a home. So, there are four parts of speech needed. See if you can come up with them. The rest of your second sentence is fine.