Thread: Let's share!
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlance View Post
Hola amigos tipos (Did you mean "kind"? Avoid online translators. Use a bilingual dictionary to get a list of the possible words, and use a Spanish-Spanish one to make sure of the meaning of each one, so you'll get to use the right one. It will be slow, but you'll learn much more. I think you meant "amables amigos"),

Mi Me llamo Lloyd. Soy de Singapur. Me gustaría buscar un hispanohablante por para practicar español. lo Por favor no hesite a ("hesitar" is never used. "Dudar" is much better) dude en invitame por a un intercambio de correo electrónico. (mi correo electrónico es lloyd.spanish@gmail.com)

Singapur es un país pequeño en Asia. Tiene cuarenta y cinco años con de historia y cuatro milliones de personas habitantes. (The way you wrote it before looked like the country had been accompanying 4 million persons for 45 years, which doesn't make much sense. One has to be a bit more explicit. As for "personas", although it would be understood, "habitantes" is the standard way to talk about the number of people living in a geographic region) Tenemos el Estamos en verano durante todo el años año, pero no invierno, primavera y u (A negative sentence would need "o", but the word "otoño" starts with another "o", so for euphonic reasons, it's changed for "u") otoño. La aniversario (Be careful, "la" is a feminine and "aniversario" is a masculine) es en el nueve de agosto. Ella una lugar bonita, lo visitar cuando se puede! (This construction makes no sense, and there's another feminine-masculine issue in the first part. What you mean "Es un lugar bonito, visítenlo/visítelo/visítalo/visitadlo cuando puedan/pueda/puedas/podáis.)

Adíos Adiós por ahora,
Lloyd

[...]
Al norte de Singpure es está Malasia. Es un país más grande. El ciudad (feminine-masculine again) más cerca es Johor Bahru. Algunas personas de Singapur van a Johor para a comer porque es más barato. Tambíen También, la comida son buenas (singular and plural also must agree).

Tengo miedo de los (articles are very important in Spanish) gatos, pero [S]estoy curioso también[/S] también me dan curiosidad. Estos animales bonitas porque de sus pieles. (Sentence makes no sense, and you're missing the agreement between feminine and masculine again. What you mean is "estos animales son bonitos por sus pieles")
Some comments and corrections above. Be careful with the place of accents, they're not gratuitous.

And one more suggestion: Take a look here for some help on "para" and "por".

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; March 21, 2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Included corrections for the sentence on cats