Antiguo May 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
Caballero Caballero no está en línea
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
Pronunciation

Which regions pronounce the ll/y as a j sound (as in judge)? I hear it from a lot of people.

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo May 21, 2011, 02:22 PM
aleCcowaN aleCcowaN no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Yeísmo
Antiguo May 21, 2011, 05:19 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
In my country some people pronoun the LL as Y although those words are almost the same in the pronoun of course, but whatever they are very different in the Spanish rules.

Sincerely yours.
Antiguo May 21, 2011, 07:42 PM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
You may find this thread useful.
Antiguo May 21, 2011, 09:48 PM
Emerald

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye%C3%ADsmo
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Wikipedia
Most dialects currently realize the merged phoneme as a voiced palatal fricative [ʝ], which becomes an affricate or a plosive (either a voiced postalveolar affricate [dʒ] as in English gin or a voiced palatal affricate [ɟ͡ʝ]) when it occurs after a pause (as at the beginning of a sentence) or after a nasal (as in the words cónyuge and conllevar). In other dialects, such as Rioplatense, it may be realized as a postalveolar ([ʒ] or [ʃ])
So it only becomes that at the beginning of a sentence or after n/m? I think I've heard some people pronounce it like that all the time.
Antiguo June 18, 2011, 03:56 AM
Sancho Panther Sancho Panther no está en línea
Emerald

Primera Lengua: Inglés
Sancho Panther is on a distinguished road
¡Vaya! This takes me back more than thirty five years. I was holidaying in a hotel in Sitges with some other English lads and there was a group of very pretty young andaluzas staying there at the same time. One evening while sitting at the bar I started chatting to one these girls (I thought the prettiest of them all), when some of her friends came down and sat at a table, and I was invited to sit with them. I really thought I'd 'pulled'!

I sat down and some of my mates sat nearby, and the youngest started larking about and making everyone laugh. My new amiga said "Él es muy divertido, ¿no?", I replied "Sí, siempre hace de payaso", pronouncing the 'y' like an English 'y'.

One of her compañeras said "Se pronuncia paJaso", which I answered with "Oh, ok", but my new friend defended my pronunciation, and the two started arguing angrily. Soon all the Spanish girls were in two sides arguing furiously until one camp left, enraged. The others including my new 'conquest' retired to their rooms to dry their eyes.

The whole thing put an end to my new friendship and ruined what had promised to be a very pleasant evening!

Última edición por Sancho Panther fecha: June 18, 2011 a las 06:27 AM
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
Emerald

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Sancho Panther Ver Mensaje
¡Vaya! This takes me back more than thirty five years. I was holidaying in a hotel in Sitges with some other English lads and there was a group of very pretty young andaluzas staying there at the same time. One evening while sitting at the bar I started chatting to one these girls (I thought the prettiest of them all), when some of her friends came down and sat at a table, and I was invited to sit with them. I really thought I'd 'pulled'!

I sat down and some of my mates sat nearby, and the youngest started larking about and making everyone laugh. My new amiga said "Él es muy divertido, ¿no?", I replied "Sí, siempre hace de payaso", pronouncing the 'y' like an English 'y'.

One of her compañeras said "Se pronuncia paJaso", which I answered with "Oh, ok", but my new friend defended my pronunciation, and the two started arguing angrily. Soon all the Spanish girls were in two sides arguing furiously until one camp left, enraged. The others including my new 'conquest' retired to their rooms to dry their eyes.

The whole thing put an end to my new friendship and ruined what had promised to be a very pleasant evening!
Oh my. What a story. I'm sorry to hear that. You should have returned with her to comfort her.
Antiguo June 19, 2011, 08:26 AM
Sancho Panther Sancho Panther no está en línea
Emerald

Primera Lengua: Inglés
Sancho Panther is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Oh my. What a story. I'm sorry to hear that. You should have returned with her to comfort her.
I didn't see her again, I suppose her holiday finished that weekend - I had another week.
Antiguo June 19, 2011, 03:59 PM
Synesther Synesther no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: Schörmn
Synesther is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Sancho Panther Ver Mensaje

hihhiiiihi ayy, all the children that could have been born heheh
Noo, actually quite sad, why do people argue about things like that ??
Reminds me of a French teacher I had years ago who couldn't stop talking about how inferior Belgian French is. Well he didn't say "inferior", but nevertheless.. Now I got the same thing in latin
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo June 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Johndiv23 Johndiv23 no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English/Filipino
Johndiv23 is on a distinguished road
Our language was greatly influenced by Spanish. Like it was derived from it.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Etiquetas
pronunciation, yeísmo

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación