Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > La gramática
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Confused beginner trying to understand "lo"

Éste es el lugar para preguntas sobre conjugaciones, tiempos verbales, adverbios, adjetivos, el orden de palabras, sintaxis y otras cuestiones gramaticales en español e inglés.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo December 08, 2011, 07:40 PM
k-dawg k-dawg no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English - Down East
k-dawg is on a distinguished road
Confused beginner trying to understand "lo"

I have been listening to audio CD's of Michel Thomas and am on the 5th CD of 8. I am comprehending almost all of it, but I seem to be confused with the application of what appears to be almost the most simplistic thing.

I think I am just confused and trying to figure where I have lost the application. I have tried going back and listening to previous CD's to find where I have gone awry to no avail.

I contribute along with the CD's and I come across a phrase and the two people in the studio say it one way and I say it another. Then I swear it switches and I do it again, except the opposite.

Just for a quick example, the context is "...hacerlo" but from listening, the correct way to say it (in the context) was "...lo hace"

I think that I am getting confused with all the "he, she, them, they, it"
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo December 09, 2011, 12:20 AM
Rusty Rusty no está en línea
Señor Speedy

Primera Lengua: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
The pronoun lo is a direct object pronoun that takes the place of a singular, masculine object (or an object whose gender is unknown). When used with an infinitive, like hacer, the pronoun is suffixed. When used with a conjugated verb, like hace, the pronoun precedes the verb.

Both 'hacerlo' and 'lo hace' depict standard usage of the direct object pronoun. The former can be translated as 'to do it' and the latter can be translated as 'does it' (third-person subject unknown, because you didn't provide one).

Pronouns can be confusing, but they'll all make sense some day if you keep at it.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación