Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Re-learning Spanish

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo December 01, 2015, 08:03 PM
Gcortes Gcortes no está en línea
Opal

Gcortes is on a distinguished road
Re-learning Spanish

Hi,

This my first post. I took three college semesters of Spanish quite some time ago and would like to re-learn the language. I was never fluent, just well versed in grammar and vocabulary. I can read the newspaper, El Pais, with lots of word look ups. I find it a chore because sentences go on for ever. I've had more luck with a Spanish Twtter feed as you can't say a lot in 140 characters. I also tried the app Duolingo, but I know most of the material and need to be spoon fed grammar. I do like it for French as I've never taken any classes.

Are there any learning aids for advance learners? My main goal is to be able to read Spanish. I have a few opportunities to speak it, but not enough to gain fluency. I think I just need to get my vocabulary back.

Última edición por Gcortes fecha: December 01, 2015 a las 08:11 PM Razón: Spelling
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo December 01, 2015, 08:20 PM
Rusty Rusty no está en línea
Señor Speedy

Primera Lengua: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the forums!

It's been said a number of times that reading a novel in Spanish and transcribing it into English will help.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo December 08, 2015, 11:15 PM
Aprendo Aprendo no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: English
Aprendo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Gcortes Ver Mensaje
Hi,

This my first post. I took three college semesters of Spanish quite some time ago and would like to re-learn the language. I was never fluent, just well versed in grammar and vocabulary. I can read the newspaper, El Pais, with lots of word look ups. I find it a chore because sentences go on for ever. I've had more luck with a Spanish Twtter feed as you can't say a lot in 140 characters. I also tried the app Duolingo, but I know most of the material and need to be spoon fed grammar. I do like it for French as I've never taken any classes.

Are there any learning aids for advance learners? My main goal is to be able to read Spanish. I have a few opportunities to speak it, but not enough to gain fluency. I think I just need to get my vocabulary back.
Welcome,

I think "re-learning" is actually (what linguists call) "retrieval."

Or perhaps "re-learning" is that you mean, "learning again."

I started studying after years of no-study and Krashen Free Voluntary Reading FVR helped me improve my reading comprehension.

You read in Spanish for pleasure about topics you like.

Krashen says not to look up new words, but actually write down 1 new work per day. I read newspapers (which you stated you do).

But, this is only for reading skill....I'm lacking in the others.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación