Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Otros Idiomas > Otros Idiomas
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Can anyone give me advice on a French language course in France?

Siendo los amantes de idiomas que somos... Un lugar para hablar de y escribir en idiomas que no sean inglés y español.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo August 15, 2008, 05:53 AM
María José María José no está en línea
The Rebel Fairy

Primera Lengua: Spanish
María José is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Tomisimo Ver Mensaje
I would have agreed with Poli, but it's good to know how to say things in the UK too.
Maybe you two are right after all.(no self-confidence...).
But I'm sure you say the Home Office (government department that deals with internal affairs, immigration... in England and Wales) and also Home Secretary (who is the equivalent to your Secretary of State).
On the other hand, I think psychologists use home politics to refer to the way a family functions....
Anyway, I think everybody in England would understand you if you said home politics.
I'm getting all muddled up, aren't I?

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo August 15, 2008, 06:31 AM
poli poli no está en línea
rule 1: gravity

Primera Lengua: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Not very muddled. As you know we are 3000 miles + away from Britain and, with that distance, terms change. What I find interesting is that most things British seem more formal, but the use of home instead of internal sounds, well--more homey (excuse the pun) and less formal. I suppose that there are bigger paradoxes around, though. Paradoxes abound and they are interesting.
Antiguo August 16, 2008, 01:48 AM
María José María José no está en línea
The Rebel Fairy

Primera Lengua: Spanish
María José is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por poli Ver Mensaje
Not very muddled. As you know we are 3000 miles + away from Britain and, with that distance, terms change. What I find interesting is that most things British seem more formal, but the use of home instead of internal sounds, well--more homey (excuse the pun) and less formal. I suppose that there are bigger paradoxes around, though. Paradoxes abound and they are interesting.
Thanks for answering.
What you say about British English sounding more formal is interesting, because here in Spain we say the same about South American English.It's like the other way around, isn't it?
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación