Old May 27, 2010, 06:40 PM
Opal

Native Language: Ingles
Jorjor is on a distinguished road
Greetings from California

Hi guys. So keeping it brief(sort of), I'm 15 and just started taking Spanish 5 months ago. It's my favorite class. Every day in math class() Starting at an hour I watch the clock intently and count down the minutes till Spanish. We are doing a presentation at the end of the year in which we tell our teachers what we've learned for our elective classes in which we can choose art or spanish(If you've got a C or below in the class you are forced to present on Spanish). I have a A- but still chose to present on Spanish in a heartbeat.
Of course my friends think I'm lame. But whatever, and how am I supposed to talk about the concept of a color wheel or a painting of a cat for fifteen minutes??

And whenever I listen to native speakers talking, I write down words I don't know or text them to myself using my phone, then go home and put into translator haha!( i know online translators are only good for translating individual words, not full sentences and paragraphs) In Spanish class I always anxiously await for to hear which pages we are doing in our spanish book while my peers chat the whole time and get 12/50 on their tests come finals. Did I mention I actually snuck my Spanish book into my backpack and took it home with me(We are supposed to leave them at school). And I have a mini heart attack when someone pronounces "hay" like "hey".

But anyhow haha, I'm really glad to join the forums and hope to get help from people who really know Spanish.

Last edited by Jorjor; May 27, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:27 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Bienvenido Jorjor.

Tienes un perrito, como yo.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:36 AM
Sapphire

Native Language: Español(Argentina)
ookami is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums It's really nice what you've told as, curiosity it's the torch of soul. Try to keep it. If you need something, just ask. You are going to improve fast if you keep that track.
Old May 28, 2010, 10:27 AM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
welcome to the forums
Old May 28, 2010, 10:33 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Hello I bid you welcome.
I hope that your stay in the forums will be enjoyable.

You get funny in the forums, if you would need to help with the language, please you don't hesitate to ask us then.
Old May 28, 2010, 02:41 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
... Have fun in the forums. If you would need to help with the language, please you don't hesitate to ask us then.
Welcome to the forums, Jorjor! Your enthusiasm for the Spanish language reminds me of when I was your age.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I can't believe that.

How many mistakes I had there.

I'm sorry, I believe that I don't reach the concentration that I should to have had in that moment.
Old May 29, 2010, 01:54 AM
Ruby

Native Language: Spanish
spacemaker is on a distinguished road
Que bueno que te guste el español. Vas a ver que es un idioma muy rico y hermoso. Y si sigues por acá te podemos convertir en todo un Hispanista, jeje. Aunque ya de hecho que lo eres de cierta forma por tu gran interés.

Ojalá y sigas con ese entusiasmo y que lo llegues a dominar.

It´s good for you that you liked Spanish. You will see that is a language very rich and beautiful. And if you keep here (in the forum) we can convert you in a complete Hispanist, hehe. Although you are now in some way for your great interest.

Let´s hope you will continue with the same enthusiam and you will get to dominate.
Old May 29, 2010, 03:54 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
¡BienvenidA, Jorjor!
Acabo de contestar en tu hilo del uso de "te" y pensaba que eras un chico, no una chica...
Me alegro de que te guste el español, los perros y los caballos... A mí también me gustan los animales... en especial los gatos (solía tener en casa hasta 20 gatos... aunque ahora sólo tengo dos... que campan a sus anchas por los jardines...)
También me gustan las tortugas, los búhos y los halcones... Si te gustan los animales, hay un programa, "El hombre y la Tierra" que puedes ver en vídeo en español... (en Internet).
(Let me know if you have any question on my Spanish above, I just went on a roll... and maybe used few words above your level... but ask anything you need clarification and learn as much as you want... or until your heart is content!) Good to have you in the forums! Have a nice journey in your path to knowledge!
[Hey, and don't hesitate on correcting my HEnglish, I am not a native, and I may make the most embarrasing blunders !]
Old May 29, 2010, 06:25 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Inglés
Esperar is on a distinguished road
Usted hablas Inglés muy bien, JPablo. Perfecto entiendo.

Last edited by Esperar; May 29, 2010 at 06:29 AM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: