Old November 12, 2008, 12:11 PM
Opal

Native Language: US English
El Nino is on a distinguished road
Hola todos

¡Hola, todos! Firstly, let me say I am so glad to have found this rich site! I am not online a lot, but lately when I am I have been checking in here. Several friends at work are Latin American and speak Spanish as well as English, so I thought I would put in the time and work and see if I could do the same! I have met a few people from Honduras, Guatemala, Columbia, and the Dominican Republic, but since most of the Spanish speaking people I know are from Mexico, that is where my main interest (of culture, holidays, and regional dialect stuff) lies. I am taking Spanish 1, and so I am pretty much at the speaking level of a nino (though I may be taking that a bit too far by watching Plaza Sésamo, and having some arrorros on my mp3 player). I really enjoy learning Spanish by reading “dual language books” like My First Spanish Reader by Angel Flores. I think that participating here will greatly improve my Spanish (especially the ever confounding accent mark!). Please feel free to correct my Spanish at anytime.

Dejarme decir que estoy alegre he encontrado este sito rico. Unos amigos de mio son de honduras, guatemala, columbia, y republico dominico pero casi todos son de mexico. Por eso, mi foco es en esta país. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Yo estaré mejor. Gracias.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 12, 2008, 12:47 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
¡Hola, todos! Firstly, let me say I am so glad to have found this rich site! I am not online a lot, but lately when I am I have been checking in here. Several friends at work are Latin American and speak Spanish as well as English, so I thought I would put in the time and work and see if I could do the same! I have met a few people from Honduras, Guatemala, Columbia, and the Dominican Republic, but since most of the Spanish speaking people I know are from Mexico, that is where my main interest (of culture, holidays, and regional dialect stuff) lies. I am taking Spanish 1, and so I am pretty much at the speaking level of a nino (though I may be taking that a bit too far by watching Plaza Sésamo, and having some arrorros on my mp3 player). I really enjoy learning Spanish by reading “dual language books” like My First Spanish Reader by Angel Flores. I think that participating here will greatly improve my Spanish (especially the ever confounding accent mark!). Please feel free to correct my Spanish at anytime.

Dejarme decir que estoy alegre he encontrado este sito rico. Unos amigos de mio son de honduras, guatemala, columbia, y republico dominico pero casi todos son de mexico. Por eso, mi foco es en esta país. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Yo estaré mejor. Gracias.
Hello, Firstly I let me to tell you (Nice nick), I'm Luis from Mexico, you know is some strange, you the native Americans wants to learn Spanish and me English, but anyway, here I'm with all my friends, Rusty David, Socia, Jchen, Elaina, and my friend that nowadays is lose, Maria Jose, I'm sorry if I forget someone, well, here in this website you will learn, I'm promising you, because here I'm learnt English well, when I arrive here, I already knew some a bit to English, and here in this website I matured my English, now I will correct you, you have made some mistakes in your post, and really don't matter for that, because it's normal we all make mistakes to the start to our leaning of idioms.

Dejarme decir que estoy alegre he encontrado este sito rico. Unos amigos de mio son de honduras, guatemala, columbia, y republico dominico pero casi todos son de mexico. Por eso, mi foco es en esta país. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Yo estaré mejor.

My correction.

Dejame decirte que estoy feliz por haber encontrado esta pagina, unos amigos mios son de Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia, Republica Dominicna, la mayoria son de Mexico,( it's nice), por eso mi interez esta especialmente en ese pais, siento por cometer errores pero mi Español es muy pobre aun, creeme mejorare.

Last edited by CrOtALiTo; November 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old November 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found us.
Old November 12, 2008, 01:42 PM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Satyr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Hello, Firstly I let me to tell you (Nice nick), I'm Luis from Mexico. You know it is some strange; you, the native American, want to learn Spanish and me English. But anyways, here I'm with all my friends: Rusty, David, Socia, Jchen, Elaina, and my friend that nowadays is lose lost, Maria Jose. I'm sorry if I forgot someone. Well, here in this website you will learn. I'm promising you because here I'm learnt I'm learning English well. When I arrived here, I already knew some a bit to of English, and here in at this website I matured my English. Now I will correct you, you have made some mistakes in your post and that really don't doesn't matter for that because it's normal; we all make mistakes to at the start to our of learning of a idioms language.

Dejarme decir que estoy alegre he encontrado este sito rico. Unos amigos de mio son de honduras, guatemala, columbia, y republico dominico pero casi todos son de mexico. Por eso, mi foco es en esta país. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Yo estaré mejor.

My correction.

Dejame decirte que estoy feliz por haber encontrado esta pagina, unos amigos mios son de Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia, Republica Dominicna, la mayoria son de Mexico,( it's nice), por eso mi interez esta especialmente en ese pais, siento por cometer errores pero mi Español es muy pobre aun, creeme mejorare.
corrections
Old November 12, 2008, 01:45 PM
Diamond

Thank you.

I'm sorry for my mistakes, still I'm not very good in English, but I'm trying of get better my English, I know that soon, I will get an English perfect.

Last edited by Rusty; November 12, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old November 12, 2008, 03:57 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
welcome!!!!!!!!
Crotalito, Maria Jose is not lost. She is just busy :P I miss her too. She told me she'll come on next month.
Old November 12, 2008, 05:06 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Thank you.

I'm sorry for my mistakes, still I'm not very good in English, but I'm trying of get better my English, I know that soon, I will get an English perfect.
You're doing better than a few months ago!
Old November 12, 2008, 06:22 PM
Diamond

Thanks David.
Old November 12, 2008, 06:54 PM
Opal

Native Language: US English
El Nino is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the welcome Tomisimo!

Especially thanks to Crotalito for your corrections. That is very helpful. I will have to study that! I can only image how hard it must be to learn English as a second language. Best of luck!

Also, thanks Jchen for the friend invite and welcome!!!

Last edited by El Nino; November 12, 2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old November 13, 2008, 12:58 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
Bienvenido Nino
P.D:If you do not know, "el niño" is also nickname of a famous footbal player (Fernando Torres, Liverpool) and a golfer (Sergio García)

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: