Old July 11, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: Dutch
EmpanadaRica is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hello everyone, hola a todos..
I know it's been a while, sorry sorry..

I just wanted to express my sincere congratulations to Spain and all the Spanish people on the site - my friend Irmamita/anda-con-perra in particular.

It was a tough game but I think Spain won deservedly in the end, we brought too little to the table apart from beautiful dreams...

I'm glad a footballloving nation other than the eternal 7 won and I think Spain is a great winner in terms of technique and grace..

I hope you'll all make a big party of it over there.. Here in Amsterdam it's been a bit of a damper but I am sure in two days people will be celebrating the second place and the accomplishment of our team getting as far as they did.

It's been a great worldcup in terms of events..

felicidades Espana!!!
Want to learn Dutch? Have a look here

Last edited by EmpanadaRica; July 11, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 11, 2010, 07:27 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations to both teams are in order. I didn't watch the game, but I know it takes a lot of dedication, hard work, spirit, and great skill to make it to the World Cup. It's always good to see what that kind of devotion leads to.
Old July 11, 2010, 08:21 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I want to reaffirm the victory of the Spain soccer today in the South Africa, now I know the Spain soccer knew play with style, I want to reaffirm they know play in the fútbol soccer, although I wanted to the victory of the orange team, but well they did all the possible by get the victory today.

I want to give you congratulation for that great victory as first time of the country, I believe you most are celebrating the victory.

Your victory.
They are a winner, they are the maxim.

Now the life continue like as all the days.
And well I hope that Mexican team someday get the champion soccer for my country that so we have needed since long time before.

Congratulation again.
Old July 12, 2010, 12:39 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
¡Hooooolaaa gambita! Aren't you sad? Os hemos comido con patatas.

Hoy "hace sueño" aquí. Pitos, petardos y ¡hasta vuvucelas! Ya no hay distancias en el mundo.

Bueno, ya lo dijo el pulpo Paul (curioso lo de este pulpo ). Y relacionando, la palabra pulpo significa "muchos pies", del griego πολύπους, y "football" también tiene la palabra "pie" (foot). Igual por eso adivina tanto.

Dicen que ganar el mundial nos elevará el PIB. A ver si es verdad...

@Crotalito, ¿quién es "el niño"?
Old July 12, 2010, 01:21 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Ante todo gracias a todos por los buenos deseos...
Yo estaba listo para que ganaran o que perdieran... pero quería que La Furia Roja ganara... y han ganado merecidamente.
He visto las fotos de varias ciudades españolas, tras la victoria, ¡¡¡y es alucinante!!!
Vaya alegría para toda la nación... es algo histórico.
El propio Iker Casillas había comentado que lo del pulpo Paul les hacía gracia... pero que no podían simplemente confiárselo todo al pulpo... Y Casillas salvó más de una, en un partido donde España jugó creando un 'fútbol total' mientras que Holanda estuvo a la defensiva, al contra-ataque, y a 'destruir' el juego en vez de crearlo. Esa era su estrategia, y es la que les funcionó a los suizos en el primer partido que perdimos contra ellos... esta vez, España supo conservar y crear su juego... y curiosamente fue un 'tiqui-taca' entre Cesc e Iniesta, en el minuto 116 lo que le dio el triunfoOOOOO!!!!

En fin... estoy entusiasmado (aunque no pueda verse demasiado por mi tipografía, ni mis smilies...
El 'niño' es Fernando Torres, el héroe de la Eurocopa de 2008, donde marcó el gol contra Alemania en la final... (que por cierto el pulpo había augurado ahí una victoria alemana, y se equivocó... aunque en este mundial creo que no se ha equivocado ni una sola vez). A Torres se le ha criticado por no marcar goles, pero yo creo que sí ha jugado al nivel internacional que tiene... Con las defensas que han jugado contra España, es casi un milagro que hayan ganado la final... Han sido fieles a un estilo creativo, y han persistido y no han cejado hasta la victoria final...
En fin, yo creo que si la gente en España y en el mundo, tuviera esa actitud positiva que ejemplifican estos gladiadores del balón, toda la sociedad mejoraría, desde la econo-mía... hasta la econo-tuya...
Un abrazo a todos... y vayamos alegres por la vida...
¡¡¡ESTO ES FENOMENAL, MUCHACHOS!!!
Old July 12, 2010, 02:09 AM
Diamond

Bueno, pues a ver si es verdad y sube el PIB, porque si no nos quedamos sin "milloncejos" en un momento de "austeridad" (según para quién... ).

Me gustó que ganaran los españoles porque hicieron un juego limpio, no como el equipo contrario. Vaya pataditas los holandeses... Van de educados pero... hay que ver cómo se las traen (perdona, gambita, no va por ti ).

Edit: veo una manita de Guardiola en el juego español, todo hay que decirlo

Last edited by irmamar; July 12, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:44 AM
Sapphire

Thumbs up

hola JPablo y Irmamita

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Bueno, pues a ver si es verdad y sube el PIB, porque si no nos quedamos sin "milloncejos" en un momento de "austeridad" (según para quién... ).

Me gustó que ganaran los españoles porque hicieron un juego limpio, no como el equipo contrario. Vaya pataditas los holandeses... Van de educados pero... hay que ver cómo se las traen (perdona, gambita, no va por ti ).

Edit: veo una manita de Guardiola en el juego español, todo hay que decirlo
Sorry to answer you in English I'm afraid my Spanish is not sufficient and too rusty (ehh no offense to Rusty whose Spanish is impeccable as per always.. )

No offense taken Irma - it was a tough game on both ends but the fouls on the Dutch side were quite a few and tough ones also. I think it was because they tried to disrupt the game and not be intimidated by the Spanish the way the Germans had been and other teams also. I think it would have made all the difference if there had been a goal. But all things to the side, Spain brought the better game and great football which was a joy to watch.

In fact our team got a lot of criticism all around for playing 'businesslike' and 'undutch'. The sad thing is that we got delightful football in the past but no results.... so I guess we have to start finding a way to combine the two..

But I agree with you some of the fouls were nasty, we were very lucky van Bommel wasn't sent off early and de Jong too because those were fouls that could have easily (and justifiably..) been red.. But this is how the final goes, things got missed and not seen on both ends..

However Spain definitely deservedly won I think It's a victory for (sportive) football and beautiful play.

The octopus I don't know.. weird that.. he predicted 7 games out of 7 - some say he just likes bright colours 9like yellow and red) because they are easier to distinguish under water.. in that case the Euro Championships of 2012 are looking well for Spain again.. ah well..

Hope you'll have a great celebration out there. Here our players will get honoured Tuesday, I think many people will want to as it's been the first time since 32 years we got into the finals also.. The 4th time is ours I'm telling you..

Felicidades otra vez Espana!!!

Last edited by EmpanadaRica; July 12, 2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old July 12, 2010, 02:54 AM
Diamond

Of course you can write in English. So I must write in English, too.

Nobody has slept tonight. The streets were crowed with people making a lot of noise. Furthermore, the heat has been hard tonight. I'd like people made less noise and the weather weren't so hot!
Old July 12, 2010, 03:00 AM
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Of course you can write in English. So I must write in English, too.

Nobody has slept tonight. The streets were crowed with people making a lot of noise. Furthermore, the heat has been hard tonight. I'd like people made less noise and the weather weren't so hot!
hahaha.. well it was a historic night as both Spain and Holland never won the cup before so it's a good result no matter what.
I'm sure a lot of people here didn't sleep either for their dream being shattered..

Here it's crazy hot too has been for weeks now (35 degrees isn't too crazy in Spain but trust me in Holland with this humidity it feels like a sauna.. )

@ any rate, long live the summer and long live special occasions. **gets some more ice**

Abrazos amiguita
Old July 12, 2010, 03:34 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpanadaRica View Post
hahaha.. well it was a historic night as both Spain and Holland never won the cup before so it's a good result no matter what.
I'm sure a lot of people here didn't sleep either for their dream being shattered..

Here it's crazy hot too has been for weeks now (35 degrees isn't too crazy in Spain but trust me in Holland with this humidity it feels like a sauna.. )

@ any rate, long live the summer and long live special occasions. **gets some more ice**

Abrazos amiguita
35ºC there! That must be horrible. Well, there's not a lot of humidity where I live, luckily.

But "long live the summer"... I don't think I agree with you here. (I don't like winter either, but spring and fall ).

Besitos.

Tags
futbol, soccer

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: