Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Official Announcements

The Daily Spanish Word Project

Official announcements about the development of Tomisimo.org.

Closed Thread

Old November 24, 2009, 10:01 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Arrow The Daily Spanish Word Project

The Daily Spanish Word has been published, mostly uninterupted, for about a year and a half, (589 days, to be exact). The time has come to open up the process of creating the daily word, and let those Tomisimo forum members who desire to do so, be a part of the process. This is something that is definitely not for everyone, but if you are interested in choosing the best words for learners of Spanish, and taking part in writing engaging sentences to illustrate the word (and proofreading them), then this project might be something that is fun for you. If you are at all interested, read more in the Daily Spanish Word Project forum.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 17, 2010, 02:09 PM
Opal

Native Language: Dutch
Ramses is on a distinguished road
Pretty cool.

I've been running a Spanish Word of the Day for a while on my blog, but due to a lack of time I couldn't continue with it. Still, if you want to use some of the stuff I published, check out the Spanish Word of the Day category of my blog.
Old April 11, 2010, 08:14 PM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Tarential is on a distinguished road
I was wondering something. Is there a way I can download all the daily words in some sort of bulk computer readable format (such as comma separated values, or a spreadsheet)? I have a local application called jMemorize which I use to study vocabulary and I would like to add the daily words. It uses the Leitner flashcard system to help reduce repetition of known words, which I find very useful when the set is large.

If there is no way, perhaps you would be interested in allowing me to assist you. Simply let me know how the words are stored (database type, table/column names) and I can create a script which will allow users to download an xml-format listing of the words. That would both help you and save me time (I could do that much more quickly than typing in nearly 600 words).

As another option, there may be away to offer an extended version of the current RSS feed that provides the entire archive instead merely the most recent words (I don't know what software you use to power your daily word service).

Thank you,
Preston
Closed Thread

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: