Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

"Don't Take My Food"

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 25, 2018, 12:20 AM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Bobbert is on a distinguished road
"Don't Take My Food"

I was in a restaurant in Mexico and some of my food was still on the table, but I wanted to wash my hands before I left. The waitress was cleaning off tables, so I wanted to tell her not to take my food because I was coming right back. I was unsure of what verb to use, so I said nothing. Now that I have time to think about it, I want to know what to say the next time.

Which is the best way to say: “Please don’t take my food because I’m coming right back”?

Por favor, no se lleve mi comida porque vuelvo enseguida/ya vuelvo.

Por favor, no me quite la comida de la mesa porque vuelvo enseguida/ya vuelvo.

Por favor, no saque mi comida de la mesa porque vuelvo enseguida/ya vuelvo.

Do all these verbs above convey the same message?

Is one verb better to use than the other? And, of course, I want to be sure to use a verb that conveys politeness.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: