Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > El vocabulario > Modismos y Dichos
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Oveja que bala, bocado pierde

Un modismo es cualquier frase cuya significado no es fácil de entender basándose en sus palabras individuales. Este foro es el lugar para cualquier pregunta sobre modismos o cualquier otro dicho.

Herramientas Desplegado
Prev Mensaje Previo   Próximo Mensaje Next
Antiguo August 04, 2009, 07:51 AM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@EmpanadaRica: There is the same idea in the old Aesop's fable about the crow, the fox and the cheese.

Cita:

A Fox once saw a Crow fly off with a piece of cheese in its beak and settle on a branch of a tree. "That's for me, as I am a Fox," said Master Reynard, and he walked up to the foot of the tree. "Good-day, Mistress Crow," he cried. "How well you are looking to-day: how glossy your feathers; how bright your eye. I feel sure your voice must surpass that of other birds, just as your figure does; let me hear but one song from you that I may greet you as the Queen of Birds." The Crow lifted up her head and began to caw her best, but the moment she opened her mouth the piece of cheese fell to the ground, only to be snapped up by Master Fox. "That will do," said he. "That was all I wanted. In exchange for your cheese I will give you a piece of advice for the future:

Do not trust flatterers

Última edición por AngelicaDeAlquezar fecha: August 04, 2009 a las 07:59 AM Razón: Found a version of the fable in English
Responder Con Cita

Etiquetas
borrego, oveja

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación