Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Spanish children's books?

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old January 21, 2014, 11:37 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
eastallegheny is on a distinguished road
Spanish children's books?

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but technically I am looking to practice READING Spanish, so I hope it fits.

I am looking for some simple children's chapter books in Spanish. Not English books that have been translated into Spanish - I have plenty of those, and to be honest, the translations lose something. Most of that has to do with publishers deadlines, and a certain tendency to translate words and sentences rather than ideas and concepts.

No, what I am looking for is actual books for children written by Spanish authors, in Spanish. Specifically, I'm looking for books aimed at 7-12 year old children, for the simplicity of the language involved (I'm only learning Spanish, and although I'm reasonably proficient, I'm nowhere near fluent). I'm not so interested in picture books for VERY young children, because I consider myself past that point in my proficiency.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 21, 2014, 03:31 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Check the series "El Barco de Vapor"; the publishing house is "Ediciones SM". They have many stories for children, aimed to different ages. These websites are related to their materials:
www.andalia.com.mx
www.libreriasm.com.mx

Also, take a look at "Editorial Bambú"; they have adaptations of classic books for children, texts aimed to fullfill education goals and a few other materials.
www.editorialbambu.com/es/novedades/

Edebé makes books for education. I think you'll find some interesting materials there too. www.edebe.com (Just click on "Literatura", "Castellano")

For me is rather easy to find those books in Mexico City, but what usually works for me when it comes to foreign books, is to choose titles from websites and search for them on Amazon.
Old January 22, 2014, 04:06 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English, Russian, Hebrew
Valeria is on a distinguished road
Hay una serie de libros especialmente para estudiantes de español. "Pepa Villa taxista en Barcelona"

Hay texto y audio, es de verdad perfecto para estudiantes.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: