Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Mi dia

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old April 28, 2009, 07:51 PM
Opal

Native Language: American English
thesimonway is on a distinguished road
Wink Mi dia

Here will be my day, featuring my bad Mexican style Spanish.

Este mañana yo despirté tarde, como siempre. Dusca rapida. ¿Ropa? ¡Sí! Fuey afuera, visté las gallinas, otro vez por adentro, tomé mes sodas de las energias, y por mé trocka. !Hay Guey! La pila esta muerta. Pero, no te precupes. Es normal, poder en neutral, para adelanté, brinco adentro, poder en segundo y regreso en vivo! Yo llegé dos minutos tardés para me trabajo. Pero, todo bien.
Yo soy un Jardinero, y por hoy, tenémos un trabajo á junto el autopisto, I-5. Este lugar esta mucho ruido por eso los carros.
La obra de hoy es una sistema de irrigacion á construir. Mi chelan esta Godo Fredo, un Poblano. Esta buen genté. Blah, blah, blah.
Antés lonche fuemos á la tienda por partes. No estuvé monejando y cuando yo dijé "Norte" la sorita fue por sur. "íNo mames Godo, mandilón, guevos para su cara, Sancho esta circa!" Cotoriando claro. Hay una otra tienda por sur. Lo que sea. Mas blah, blah.
Despues trabajo feumos por el chop. Y ahora escrivendo en la computadora.

Alright, I know that this is kinda long, but I'd appreciate any advice that you may have. Also, I hope that this didn't offend anybody, it's just the words that i've been taught to know.

Muchas gracias,
Kyle

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old April 28, 2009, 08:40 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
My suggestions:

Esta mañana (yo) desperté (or "me desperté") tarde, como siempre. Dusca rapida I think you mean "Búsqueda rápida". ¿Ropa? ¡Sí! Fuey Fui afuera, visté ¿visité (visited) or vi (saw)? las gallinas, otra vez por fui adentro (or entré de nuevo), tomé mis sodas de las energias energéticas (I assume you mean something like Red Bull or so), y por mé subí a mi troca (watch out, "troca" can be Spanglish and its use is reduced to North-Mexico... in a more standard "Mexican", it should be "camioneta"). ¡Hay Ay Güey! La pila batería ("pila" is for smaller items... for the car is "batería) está muerta. Pero, no te precupes. Es normal, poder palanca en neutral, para adelante, brinco adentro, poder palanca en segunda (it's a feminine because you're referring to "velocidad") y regreso en vivo (this means "live", like in a live show). (Yo) llegué dos minutos tardés tarde para a mi trabajo. Pero, todo bien.
Yo soy (un) Jardinero, y por hoy[s],[/S] tenemos un trabajo á junto el autopisto, a la autopista I-5. En este lugar esta hay mucho ruido por eso los carros.
La obra El trabajo de hoy es construir una sistema de irrigacion á construir. Mi chalán (this is a little pejorative, "mi ayudante" would be much better) esta Godo Fredo es Godofredo, un Poblano. Esta buen genté Es buena gente. Blah, blah, blah.
Antes lonche del almuerzo/de almorzar ("lonche" is spanglish, be aware not everyone would use that word) fuimos a la tienda por partes (do you mean you went to buy some equipment parts?). Yo no estuve iba manejando y cuando (yo) dije "norte" la sorita fue por al sur. "¡No mames Godo, mandilón (this insult is used for men who let their wives rule on them, is this the meaning you're trying to express?) , güevos para su cara (strange use of this expression, never seen it like that), Sancho está circa !" Cotoriando Cotorreando, claro. Hay una otra tienda por el sur. Lo que sea. Más blah, blah.
Después del trabajo feumos fuimos por el chop (do you mean "shop"? "chop" might be spanglish, so if you want to say it in standard Spanish, "tienda" would be better). Y ahora escrivendo escribo/estoy escribiendo en la computadora.

A little note: Whenever you write preposition "a", it must be written without the accent.

I didn't correct all tenses, but my advice is that you try not to mix present and past in a paragraph.
Old April 28, 2009, 08:55 PM
Opal

Gracias por la ayuda.
I know that I was writing in spanglish, it was done on purpose to highlight the real world idioms that i experience, and so that others might be able to read it. Some of the phrases are specific only to friends at work. I have next to no experience with reading and writing in spanish, having only been taught from guys at work. I've only recently been learing past and future tenses. I'll keep coming back here to read, learn and practice writing. Thak you again Angelica!
Old April 29, 2009, 12:18 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimonway View Post
Gracias por la ayuda.
I know that I was writing in spanglish, it was done on purpose to highlight the real world idioms that i experience, and so that others might be able to read it. Some of the phrases are specific only to friends at work. I have next to no experience with reading and writing in spanish, having only been taught from guys at work. I've only recently been learing past and future tenses. I'll keep coming back here to read, learn and practice writing. Thak you again Angelica!

Yes, you should to try to learn more about any thing magazines, or books wrote at Spanish, or you can try again to write something here in the forums so, we will can correct you and you will can watch the mistakes made in the text so you can take a pencil and a notebook and write the mistakes and new words for you and so the next time you will can use the words learnt before, I did it, then you keep with your learning. Animus.
Old April 29, 2009, 07:08 PM
Opal

¡Gracias Crotalito, yo voy! Aqui, tengo correcciones para ti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Yes, you should to try to learn more about any thing magazines, or books wrote at Spanish, or you can try again to write something here in the forums so, we will can correct you and you will can watch the mistakes made in the text so you can take a pencil and a notebook and write the mistakes and new words for you and so the next time you will can use the words learnt before, I did it, then you keep with your learning. Animus.
Yes, you should try to learn more about everything, like magazines and books written in Spanish. You can also continue to write here, in the forums, so that we will be able to correct you and you'll be able to see your mistakes made in the text. You can take a pencil and a notebook to write the mistakes, corrections and words that are new for you, so that the next time you can use what you learned. I did it, that way you'll continue with your learning.
Old April 29, 2009, 11:12 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimonway View Post
¡Gracias Crotalito, yo voy! Aqui, tengo correcciones para ti.

Yes, you should try to learn more about everything, like magazines and books written in Spanish. You can also continue to write here, in the forums, so that we will be able to correct you and you'll be able to see your mistakes made in the text. You can take a pencil and a notebook to write the mistakes, corrections and words that are new for you, so that the next time you can use what you learned. I did it, that way you'll continue with your learning.
Thank you for your corrections about.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: