Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

The love of reading

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old November 01, 2010, 07:04 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
That's excellent... (that may be a reason why I use to read my books at the yard, or at the garden... so I was not sitting inside there...)

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 01, 2010, 06:08 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPablo View Post
That's excellent... (that may be a reason why I use to read my books at the yard, or at the garden... so I was not sitting inside there...)
Yes simply you get an excellent relaxation during your reading, I have wishes to read in front of the beach, here very close to my hose, in fact crossing to the street hahhaaha, but I haven't the animus and the opportunity to do it, because I feel shy with the people passing near me.
Old November 02, 2010, 08:02 AM
Diamond

Well, you can always say "Hi" to the passerby people... and keep at it...
Old November 02, 2010, 09:18 PM
Diamond

Yes it's a wonderful idea.

But I am shy with the people.

Don't you?

The passerby something are very complicate with others.
Old November 03, 2010, 01:56 AM
Diamond

Glad you like it.

Well, that is your own choice. (I used to be very shy... but not anymore.)

It is true that people may have complexities, but if you do to them what you'd like others to do to you, things tend to go right... (unless you happen to run into a bad criminal... in which case... you could also help him/her...)

You can observe and use your judgment... but every being is basically good, and wants to help and be helped. For some of them that "basic goodness" is very down deep... but that's another subject...

Or maybe the same, because actually "the love or reading" has to do with people, that is, writers wrote books to entertain people, to give them knowledge, to wake them up... so "to read a book" "just for oneself" maybe good for your own edification... then again, read it to help yourself and help others is quite a greater edification...

(If you want understand and predict people's actions, and know for real about Human Behaviour, I recommend you "Science of Survival" by L. Ron Hubbard...) (But that's non-fiction, by the way... although you have it in English and in Spanish... and some other 14 or 15 languages.)
Old November 04, 2010, 11:02 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPablo View Post
Glad you like it.

Well, that is your own choice. (I used to be very shy... but not anymore.)

It is true that people may have complexities, but if you do to them what you'd like others to do to you, things tend to go right... (unless you happen to run into a bad criminal... in which case... you could also help him/her...)

You can observe and use your judgment... but every being is basically good, and wants to help and be helped. For some of them that "basic goodness" is very down deep... but that's another subject...

Or maybe the same, because actually "the love or reading" has to do with people, that is, writers wrote books to entertain people, to give them knowledge, to wake them up... so "to read a book" "just for oneself" maybe good for your own edification... then again, read it to help yourself and help others is quite a greater edification...

(If you want understand and predict people's actions, and know for real about Human Behaviour, I recommend you "Science of Survival" by L. Ron Hubbard...) (But that's non-fiction, by the way... although you have it in English and in Spanish... and some other 14 or 15 languages.)

Oneself can read in any place and wherever, sometimes oneself blocked our mind and we become and close mind, you know it, sometimes isn't easy to do something front to people more here where there are people who don't appreciate your work plus with people ignorant (I'm sorry it). Then you right, oneself can get or upgrade the knowledge trough of the books, and I would like to wake me up with my prefer book in a future, because, I dream with my decay with my bible in my hands, and it take god works, I know this, I need to work more hard and desire to more learning for me and my work.

Now there're much books with great threads specially I like computation and severs Administration books for my work you know, because of that way I can get more new methods and new tips for my work and my leaning it, I'm consider to get news advices trough of people like you and others ones.

Thank you.

I'm going to the beach finish this cold front, and I will take shit about the ground and I will turn over my head and my glance to the sky and I will ask something else to god, that is, it gives me more knowledge before of my oldness.
Old November 05, 2010, 03:05 AM
Diamond

Vale, hombre. Pues, nada... A disfrutar.
Old November 05, 2010, 11:11 PM
Diamond

No se enoje my dear friend it's was a just commentary.

Vale Lord Pablo que cuenta andando haya en esos rumbos lejanos.
Old November 06, 2010, 06:38 AM
Diamond

I understand, it was just a commentary, I just said to you to "enjoy", "vale" in Spain is just an "acknowledgment" (like "Sale" or "Sale y vale" in México, right?)

¿Sale?

(By the way, what I don't understand your second sentence... not sure what you are trying to say...)

At any rate, you are lucky to be living in front of the beach, at Ciudad del Carmen...
Old November 08, 2010, 04:09 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@Pablo: "Vale, Lord Pablo. ¿Qué cuenta, andando allá, en esos rumbos lejanos?"

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: