Old August 28, 2019, 01:54 PM
poli's Avatar
poli poli is offline
rule 1: gravity
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In and around New York
Posts: 7,580
Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Magic marker

Someone told me plumón. Dictionaries sometimes suggest rotulador. Others state marcador. Is there good general term form them in Spanish?
Me ayuda si corrige mis errores. Gracias.
Reply With Quote
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
AngelicaDeAlquezar's Avatar
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 8,557
Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
I think "plumón" might be understood only in Mexico. The slender kind used to be called "plumín", but I don't hear that much anymore.

"Rotulador" is the most common name in the packages, but I have hardly heard anyone call them that. "Marcador" is the word I hear the most, for the ones with a chisel tip, and "plumón" for the fine tip. Yet, I think I've heard people call all Sharpies "marcadores" too.

There is also "marcatextos" for a highlighter, but in the package you will often read "resaltador".
Ain't it wonderful to be alive when the Rock'n'Roll plays...
Reply With Quote


Link to this thread
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dry erase marker kilan4 General Chat 3 April 15, 2010 01:19 AM
Whiteboard & Dry Erase Marker laepelba Vocabulary 14 August 29, 2009 03:34 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.