Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

My "hispanic" family name

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 02, 2014, 04:02 PM
Ruby

luis magistrado is on a distinguished road
My "hispanic" family name

Hello. I am a Filipino. I have always believe that my family name is a spanish. When i was a kid when i learned that Magistrado means magistrate. My father also told me that his maternal great grand father was a spanish friar named Molinero who was assigned to the Philippines from Toledo, Spain. I don't know how our family name became Magistrado.

Now that I am learning spanish, i tried to search through the web for names of persons from Spain and its former colonies in with the family name Magistrado but I can not find any.

I would like to ask anybody here who is from a hispanic country, is the name Magistrado used as a family name?

Thank you.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: