Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

Italian vs. Spanish

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old March 28, 2010, 05:26 PM
Opal

OblivionLord is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorator View Post
The of arab influence in Spanish language is in vocabulary and is most often found in agricultural terms,( a topic about they were true masters) and places. The massive presence of such terms is even bigger in Valencia language, in which was written the literary masterpiece Tirant Lo Blanc. The presence of arabic terms in any language does not get it "dirty". This "dirty" term is taught in Catalonian schools about Castillian and it is simply false. Educators who suggest that the Spanish language is an arab dialect are separatist propogandists. I hope get their independence soon and leave us in peace!
PS:
The true arabic dominance in the Iberian Peninsulae lasted from 711 to the 1212. From that date on, the Islam Kindoms were submised to Chistian ones.
That is a matter of opinion. I don't consider Farci, Maltese, Arabic or any such Mid eastern form of language as romantic. I find them to sound very displeasing to the ear. That's again just my personal opinion.

Now granted, Spanish is derived from Latin which in itself has a nice sound, but what takes the beauty away from the language is simply the 8% Arabic influence that you hear in the language such as: Azul, Aceite, Noria, Afanar, Ajedrez, Bano, Alcoba, Arroz, Barrio, Naranja, Hasta, Fulano. Those are just to name a few. This is why I accounted it as Dirty. I could have said 'tainted' if i wanted, but I didn't want to be that cruel hehe.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 29, 2010, 12:31 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Old March 29, 2010, 10:10 AM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
L'italiano e lo spagnolo sono fratelli.
El italiano y el español son hermanos.
Both languages come from Latin.

I taught high school Spanish for years and now I've been teaching Italian for the last 4 years. 90% of my students are Spanish speakers and they learn Italian subito/rapido/rápido. One of the students is a lady from El Salvador.(Most of students are from Mexico,
El Salvador, Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica etc. etc.) She knew no Italian in Sept. Now in March she has memorized 10 Italian songs and sings them in front of the class. She can converse in Italian fluently. One lady from Slovakia who also speaks Spanish knew almost no Italian in Sept. Now in March she can carry on a full conversation in Italian and understands 95+% of anything I say to her in Italian. With just a few adjustments my Spanish speakers read Italian from the beginning while the English speakers struggle. Another student is from Italy and only comes to class because his wife is learning Italian. This native Italian speaker speaks fluent Spanish and said Spanish was easy for him to learn. The Spanish speakers listen to the ltalian language CDs and then sound like Italian speakers. È incredibile!

I lived in Italy for 2 years and learned to speak Italian.(Did not know how to speak Spanish antes.) Then when back in the U.S. I learned Spanish. Took 18 classes of Spanish, got my master's degree in Spanish and taught high school Spanish for years. Went to school in Mexico along the way.(Married a Spanish speaker and we only speak Spanish to each other.) Did not speak Italian for years. Then 4 years ago I started studying Italian again and then started teaching Italian to first grade Spanish speakers. They learned Italian rapido. Last 3 years have been teaching adult Spanish speakers Italian which I love to do perche è molto facile/porque es muy fàcil.

In 2007 I went to school in Italy on a scholarship from the Italian government to learn to teach and speak Italian meglio/mejor. Era facile perche parlo lo spagnolo. Era fácil porque hablo español.

Last edited by Villa; March 29, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:51 AM
Emerald

Italian I Tutorial: Basic Phrases, Vocabulary and Grammar

- [ Translate this page ]Italian I Tutorial: Basic Phrases, Vocabulary and Gramma. ***For lessons that include sound files, audio flashcards, and listening exercises, ...
www.ielanguages.com/italian1.html - Cached - Similar
Old April 01, 2010, 12:28 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I like more the French than the Italian language, because it's more used the French around of the world that the other ones, I don't know, I like to learn the French as second language in besides of the I'm learning nowadays that is the English.
Old April 01, 2010, 03:12 PM
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I like more the French than the Italian language, because it's more used the French around of the world that the other ones, I don't know, I like to learn the French as second language in besides of the I'm learning nowadays that is the English.
Una volta/Una vez I was in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, México and I met this French
guy who married a Mexican lady. He spoke just about perfect Spanish. I asked him how he
had learned Spanish and he said it was easy for him to learn Spanish because he spoke French.

Now, just think. Italian is actually closer to French than Spanish is so if you speak French you
can learn Italian even easier than learning Spanish. I lived in Italy for 2 years and learned Italian.
Then I learned Spanish and along the way have been to France 4 times and have learned French
because it was easy for me after learning Italian and Spanish.
Old April 02, 2010, 12:24 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
It is said that French is lovers language, but I think I fell in love with my husband when he started talking to me in Italian. It sounds so sweet to my ears. He always tells me: "sogni d'oro, bella". It's so beautiful sentence to say "good night"!. I love Italian, too.
Old April 02, 2010, 01:01 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa View Post
Una volta/Una vez I was in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, México and I met this French
guy who married a Mexican lady. He spoke just about perfect Spanish. I asked him how he
had learned Spanish and he said it was easy for him to learn Spanish because he spoke French.

Now, just think. Italian is actually closer to French than Spanish is so if you speak French you
can learn Italian even easier than learning Spanish. I lived in Italy for 2 years and learned Italian.
Then I learned Spanish and along the way have been to France 4 times and have learned French
because it was easy for me after learning Italian and Spanish.
Yes the French language is very pretty for me and well just you have good luck in life in Italian, I'd like that my second language was the French.
Old April 05, 2010, 08:54 AM
Opal

OblivionLord is on a distinguished road
Since you live in Mexico, did you know about the little town called Nueva Italia?

Here is a street sign there...
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9763/p10002077ig.jpg
Old April 05, 2010, 08:14 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by OblivionLord View Post
Since you live in Mexico, did you know about the little town called Nueva Italia?

Here is a street sign there...
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9763/p10002077ig.jpg
Not sincerely I never heard anything about nueva Italia here in Mexico.
But well you telling me that is it.

Tags
italian, romance language, spanish

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: