Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Spanish Learning Videos

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 27, 2013, 08:14 AM
Opal

Native Language: US English
El Gato is on a distinguished road
Spanish Learning Videos

I have begun watching videos about learning Spanish, the Spanishdict ones to be exact. They have exercises to reinforce what I learned in the videos. Some of the grammar that eluded me has become clearer, but I still have a long, long way to go.

How much can I learn from these videos, and are there other things I should be doing? There are a few books I am reading as well, on learning the language.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 31, 2013, 03:54 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
I have begun watching videos about learning Spanish, the Spanishdict ones to be exact. They have exercises to reinforce what I learned in the videos. Some of the grammar that eluded me has become clearer, but I still have a long, long way to go.

How much can I learn from these videos, and are there other things I should be doing? There are a few books I am reading as well, on learning the language.
There are many other things you should be doing and here they are:

1. When I first started learning Spanish I watched Spanish language TV for two straight years without listening to English TV. Just stopped watching English and only watched Spanish. You can do this. There are many Spanish TV channels en the U.S. Channel 34 use to be the only one. Now there are many more. Channel 34 is 24/7 en Spanish.

2. Listen to only Spanish radio in your car and at home. Record Spanish radio programs and listen to them over and over. I really like the talk programs and have recorded many.

3. Speaking of recording, carry a recorder/phone with you and record Spanish speakers.

4. Go to church in Spanish.

5. A.A. meetings are good to listen to Spanish speakers. I have done that.

6. Go to the gym and other places with your Spanish radio and music in Spanih and listen while working out.

7. Check on line for the lyrics to your Spanish language songs. Sing along and write out the Spanish lyrics.

8. Get Spanish speaking friends and pen pals.

9. Take a Spanish class.

10. Go to your local library and ask them if they have any Spanish speakers that want to learn English in return for Spanish lessons. I did that. Some libraries have programs like that. I helped a guy from Peru get his master's degree and he helped me learn Spanish.

11. Get a Spanish speaking girlfriend. I did many times.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: