Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Hardest thing for you learning a new language?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old January 31, 2011, 10:11 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
I'm beginning to come to that conclusion. I'm trying to teach my mom Spanish (well so far it seems more like Spanglish), but she says it's very hard for her to pronounce words differently than how they're said in English, if she sees them written down, so I'm going to switch to a non-written approach. She actually finds languages with a different writing system like Greek, Arabic, Hebrew (but not Chinese, etc.) easier, because then she won't be tempted to use the English sounds for. I'm the opposite. I find puzzling out a different alphabet an added complication, that makes reading the language much *more* difficult. Maybe I should teach her Ladino instead (archaic Judeo-Spanish written with the Hebrew alphabet.) I have no problem pronouncing the letters in Spanish, or any other language that uses the Latin alphabet differently than I pronounce English, but find trying to read Ladino (which while it sounds very close to modern Castillian) very difficult to read.

Yes sometimes it's difficult to learn a new language for a person who never have hear the language before, then that can be the same like the children when they are in the school, you must to follow a protocol with her and it should to be by step, then you can create a list when the new threads for teach her, and so you can follow a work program.

So it can be easier for you.

Don't you believe it?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 10, 2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Tron is on a distinguished road
In the beginning, I mainly had an issue with the speed in which even intermediate level speakers spoke the language. I didn't have much trouble retaining the vocabulary.
Old March 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
Diamond

Then I suppose was easy to learn the language in your case.
Definitely you experimented an upgrade in your learning.
Old March 11, 2011, 07:52 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Inglés – Gran Bretaña.
conejodescarado is on a distinguished road
Para mí, decididamente hablar es la cosa más difícil, pero creo que esto sea porque no lo hago bastante a menudo.

Aprendo a escribir y leer rápidamente porque puedo hacerlo muchas veces cada día (uso Twitter... o tuiter como los sudamericanos lo llaman ) Lo aprendo mejor haciendo errores que otras personas corrigen, y que por eso me acuerdo. Me gusta el Skype para esto porque se debe pensar rápidamente en chat.

Voy a los meetups (encuentros) de meetup.com para hablar. Iré a mi primero meetup de español el sábado próximo, sino voy a los meetups italianos desde hace un año e medio. Son útiles si no vives en un país donde se habla el castellano.
Old March 11, 2011, 11:38 PM
Diamond

I do the same that you.

I use the Facebook where I search websites or walls spoken in English solely. In order to learn more and practice more my English only I try to read information written in English.

Inclusive I have changed my national language sometimes, when I don't like to speak and write in Spanish, I tend to write solely in English.

Sincerely yours.
Old March 12, 2011, 01:44 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Inglés – Gran Bretaña.
conejodescarado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I do the same that as you.

I use the Facebook and I search websites or walls spoken written solely in English. In order to learn more and practice more my English only I try to read information written in English.

Inclusive Including changing my national language sometimes, when I don't like to speak and write in Spanish, I tend to write solely in English.

Yours Sincerely.
Creo que sea importante encontrar un medio en quien se puede sumergirse y entablar discusiones etc. Tener unos amigos con quienes se puede chatear (en Skype etc) ayuda también.
Old March 12, 2011, 08:45 AM
Diamond

Yes I have some many friend in the skype.
Although I'm not interesting to chat with some in written form.
Because casually I need to practice my English in spoken form, already I have been writing during three years, I believe that is enough for the moment, I know, I need to practice more my language in written form.

I would to board a little talk with you across of the skype chat, because there's my opportunity to practice my English and you, your Spanish right.

In essence I believe that could be a good idea for the moment.
Old March 16, 2011, 03:54 PM
Ruby

Native Language: American English
Apalánter is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't find English difficult to learn, the difficult language I've ever learn is Spanish, if you would say.

Bueno, no me parece difícil de aprender Inglés, el idioma difícil que he aprender es el español, si a usted le dicen.

*Please correct my Spanish if theres any eror or mistakes.

Tags
hardest thing

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: