Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Linguistics degree

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old May 11, 2009, 10:58 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
CrOtALiTo, Creo quelingüísticas sean/son (?) el studia de la estructura de los odiomas, como ellos son structorado

No es aprendiendo especificado idiomas

Espero que tú puedas entenderme
La definición de Lingüística es demasiado compleja como para definirla como la ciencia que estudia la estructura del lenguaje, pero aquí no es una carrera universitaria. La lingüística y sus ramas (general, descriptiva, etc.) se estudian en la carrera de Filología en España, pero cuando estudias Filología, tienes que elegir un idioma con el que vas a hacer la carrera (F. hispánica, inglesa, francesa, germana, eslava, clásica, etc.). Saussure, Chomski, Lyons entre otros autores se ven a lo largo de toda la carrera en diferentes asignaturas y todos ellos son considerados lingüistas. Todos los estudiantes de todas las Filología los conocemos y los estudiamos, y no sólo en las asignaturas de Lingüística, también en Semántica o en Fonética y Fonología. No sé si en USA es una carrera por sí misma.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:07 AM
Diamond

Pues me he equivocado, en algunas universidades sí hay Licenciatura en Lingüística, pero sólo el segundo ciclo, al que se accede con el primer ciclo de una Filología. De todos modos, puede que desaparezca cuando se implante Bolonia el año que viene.
Old May 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Pues me he equivocado, en algunas universidades sí hay Licenciatura en Lingüística, pero sólo el segundo ciclo, al que se accede con el primer ciclo de una Filología. De todos modos, puede que desaparezca cuando se implante Bolonia el año que viene.
What is your career?
Old May 11, 2009, 08:36 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
CrOtALiTo,

Linguísticas son el studia de la primeras idiomas que los humanos hablaron hace mucho tiempo y como ellos desarrollaron de hace much tiempo a hoy. Cuándo se estudia linguísticas, no estudia único un idioma, pero todo

Básico
Estudiar de inguísticas = Como los idiomas desarrollaron

Yo te esperé ententerme jeje

Editar - UY Yo no miraba tema (post?) de imamar

Last edited by bobjenkins; May 11, 2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old May 12, 2009, 06:02 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
what is linguistics?? let me check the dictionary :P

EDIT: I know what it means now. it relates to languages
Old May 13, 2009, 06:31 PM
Emerald

Native Language: English
Jane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
La definición de Lingüística es demasiado compleja como para definirla como la ciencia que estudia la estructura del lenguaje, pero aquí no es una carrera universitaria. La lingüística y sus ramas (general, descriptiva, etc.) se estudian en la carrera de Filología en España, pero cuando estudias Filología, tienes que elegir un idioma con el que vas a hacer la carrera (F. hispánica, inglesa, francesa, germana, eslava, clásica, etc.). Saussure, Chomski, Lyons entre otros autores se ven a lo largo de toda la carrera en diferentes asignaturas y todos ellos son considerados lingüistas. Todos los estudiantes de todas las Filología los conocemos y los estudiamos, y no sólo en las asignaturas de Lingüística, también en Semántica o en Fonética y Fonología. No sé si en USA es una carrera por sí misma.
So, is Filología considered to be an equivalent of Linguistics?
Old May 14, 2009, 01:22 AM
Diamond

Here, in Spain, universitary degrees are divided into two cycles. The first one lasts three years and the second one lasts two years (some degrees, such as medicine, last more; others last just the first cycle). "Filología" is the degree which studies languages. Not all universities offer the same degrees, most of them are common, but other degrees are offered by very few universities. Linguistics degree is very few offered and it doesn't last five years (3 + 2), but there's only the second cycle. If you want to study Linguistics you must have studied the first cycle of any Philology. If you haven't this cycle, you can study this with the first cycle of another degree but you should study some subjects before (here the subjects have credits, they "cost" a number of credits, I don't know if in USA it's the same). Then, you should study a number of credits if you don't have the first cycle of a Philology.

Anyway, next year (I mean this september) the so called "European Convergency", most commonly known as Bolonia or Bolonia Process, will be implanted in the Universities, so some degrees disappear (also the cycles disappear) and the others change their names. Philology changes its name and it'll become to be "Grado en estudios X" (X means a language). I haven't found what is called a "libro blanco" about Linguistics, there's the "libro blanco" about "Título de Grado de Estudios en el ámbito de la Lengua, Literatura, Cultura y Civilización", and Philologies are inserted in this book. "Libro blanco" is called to the studies the Education Authorities have done for some years to adapt the present degrees to the new ones, according to European Directives. All the degrees have their "libro blanco".

Last edited by irmamar; May 14, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 03:19 AM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
So, is Filología considered to be an equivalent of Linguistics?
I always thought of philology (filología) as a combination of linguistics (the scientific study of human language) and literary criticism/literature studies. In other words, a combination of language and literature. Usage might be different in Spanish though.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:14 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
I always thought of philology (filología) as a combination of linguistics (the scientific study of human language) and literary criticism/literature studies. In other words, a combination of language and literature. Usage might be different in Spanish though.
Yes, you're right. We study both linguistics and literature, among other disciplines.
Old May 14, 2009, 06:43 AM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Here, in Spain, university degrees are divided into two cycles. The first one lasts three years and the second one lasts two years (some degrees, such as medicine, last more; others last just the first cycle). "Filología" is the degree which studies languages. Not all universities offer the same degrees, most of them offer a common list of majors, but other degrees are offered by very few universities.A Linguistics degree is offered by only a few schools, and it doesn't take five years (3 + 2) to obtain, because there's only the second cycle. If you want to study Linguistics you must have first studied Philology as a first cycle. You can study philology with the first cycle of another degree but you must enroll in some subjects as a prerequisite to getting into the Linguistics program (here the subjects have credits, I don't know if in the USA it's the same --es igual en EE.UU.). Then, if you have earned the required credits you don't need to complete first cycle of a Philology.

Anyway, next year (I mean this september) the so called "European Convergency", most commonly known as Bolonia or Bolonia Process, will be implanted in the Universities, so some degrees disappear (also the cycles disappear) and the others change their names. Philology changes its name and it'll become to be "Grado en estudios X" (X means a language). I haven't found what is called a "libro blanco" about Linguistics, there's the "libro blanco" about "Título de Grado de Estudios en el ámbito de la Lengua, Literatura, Cultura y Civilización", and Philologies are inserted in this book. "Libro blanco" is what education authorities have created to adapt the present degrees to the new ones, according to European Directives. All the degrees have their "libro blanco".
Sé que UE quiere establecer en estándar en muchos campos no solamente
la educación, y crear una homogención entre los paises parecida a la
estandardación que tenemos en EE.UU. Veo lo bueno en eso pero tambien
sé que algo bueno perderá en el proceso. Tengo miedo que el individualismo entre los paises de europa está en riesgo de evaporar.
¿Que opines tú?

Last edited by poli; May 14, 2009 at 06:49 AM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: