Old January 29, 2011, 06:50 PM
Opal

mpro is on a distinguished road
Spanish Name

Hey all - just joined the forum and am hoping to ask one question. I received a voicemail and the individual left her name, however I cant quite figure it out. It sounds spanish. The last name sounds like Garza, however the first name has got me puzzled. Any thoughts?

I have attached the short sound clip. Would really appreciate your help!

Last edited by mpro; January 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 29, 2011, 09:50 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Her name is, indeed, hard to make out. The last name may be Garza, as you said, but it could be another. The person speaking has a slight accent (most detectable in the phrase 'my name is'), so she isn't a native speaker of American English, but she does pronounce the phrase "and I'm calling' as an American would. She appears to stumble over the first name, and says what sounds like 'Garza' with an American 'r'.

So, whether she's hispanic or not, she has learned to use some American phonemes pretty well, but still struggles with the dipthong in 'my' and the short 'i' sound in 'is'. These are difficult phonemes for native Spanish speakers, but the same can be said for people of other languages. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I would call the company she represents and ask about the nature of the call (if you don't already know), and then you could ask if someone with the last name of Garza or Escarza works there.
Old January 29, 2011, 10:21 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I heave twice times the mp3 files and I didn't recognized the accent of the language spoken there.
Old January 29, 2011, 10:24 PM
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
I didn't either. It sounded like /jolanda garsan/ to me, though.
Old February 07, 2011, 11:50 AM
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
Did you figure out who it was?
Old February 07, 2011, 05:54 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I heard twice times the mp3 files and I didn't recognized the accent of the language spoken there.
I heard that mp3 files three times, I can't recognize the market accent of the people.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: