Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

A short translation and hello!

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old February 03, 2013, 11:58 PM
Opal

ARGUK is on a distinguished road
A short translation and hello!

Hey everyone, I'm using audio books on my phone slowly start learning spanish and wanted to join a forum to speak with people and gain more knowledge..Hola

Just a quick thing,

I want to say in Spanish; "To hear you say "Forget it"(Olvídelo) makes me smile every time.

Any help would be great.

Look forward to spending time here
Old February 04, 2013, 05:25 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Give this a try yourself and we'll help you with what you didn't understand.

The sentence begins with an infinitive in English. You'll use the same structure in Spanish.
The form you used for 'Olvídelo' is formal. I would suppose you're talking to someone on more intimate terms.
Dictionary searches will produce correct infinitive equivalents of 'say' and 'smile'. You need to conjugate the first infinitive, but not the second, just like in your English sentence. 'Makes me' is a conjugated verb with an indirect object pronoun. In Spanish, you'll place the indirect object pronoun prior to the conjugated verb 'make'.
Pay attention to person when conjugating. If you want to use the formal form, third person is correct. If not, use the second person.
'Every time' is a two-word adverb in Spanish, too. You'll want to use 'each time'. The last word is 'vez'.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: