Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Yo No Se Mañana

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old August 12, 2010, 12:28 PM
Pearl

Native Language: English
LibraryLady is on a distinguished road
Yo No Se Mañana

Where I live there is only one spanish radio station and the song "Yo No Se Mañana" is played all the time. It got so stuck in my head that I had to look up the lyrics and now I need help with a part of the translation.

Donde yo vivo solo hay una estación de radio española y la canción "Yo No Se Mañana" toca todo el tiempo. No podía olvidar la canción asi que tuve que encontrar las letras. Ahora necessito ayuda con una parte la traducción

These are the first few lines of lyrics:
Yo no se si tu no se si
yo seguiremos siendo como hoy
no se si despues de amancecer
vamos a sentir la misma sed
para que pensar y suponer,
no preguntes cosas que no se
yo no se

Why in the second line is it "yo seguiremos..."? I understand the gist of verse but I don't understand the first person singular pronoun used with the first person plural congegated verb. What am I missing?

Also, Is tocar the right verb to use when saying a song plays on the radio? Feel free to correct my spanish!

Thanks for the help

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 12, 2010, 12:37 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Where I live there is only one spanish radio station and the song "Yo No Se Mañana" is played all the time. It got so stuck in my head that I had to look up the lyrics and now I need help with a part of the translation.

Donde yo vivo solo hay una estación de radio española y la canción "Yo No Se Mañana" toca todo el tiempo. No podía olvidar la canción asi que tuve que encontrar las letras. Ahora necessito ayuda con una parte la traducción

These are the first few lines of lyrics:
Yo no se si tu no se si
yo seguiremos siendo como hoy
no se si despues de amancecer
vamos a sentir la misma sed
para que pensar y suponer,
no preguntes cosas que no se
yo no se

Why in the second line is it "yo seguiremos..."? I understand the gist of verse but I don't understand the first person singular pronoun used with the first person plural congegated verb. What am I missing?

Also, Is tocar the right verb to use when saying a song plays on the radio? Feel free to correct my spanish!

Thanks for the help
The correct sentence would be: "No sé si tú y yo seguiremos...", but the author has introduced a poetic licence, repeating the first words.

In Spain we use "sonar" or "poner": esta canción la ponen/suena mucho por la radio. But I think "tocar" is used in another countries (although I'm not sure ).
Old August 12, 2010, 12:51 PM
Pearl

Native Language: English
LibraryLady is on a distinguished road
Wow, I knew it was going to be something simple Looking at the correct sentence makes perfect sense. Thanks Irmamar!
Old August 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
You're welcome. Sometimes I feel the same with simple sentences and when somebody explains to me what I don't understand, I think the same as you.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: