Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > The Tomísimo Lounge > General Chat
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Books: what are you reading?

Talk about anything here, just keep it clean.

Old November 09, 2010, 03:45 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vita32 View Post
Me gusta leer los biograficos de los personales interesantes. comenzo leer el biografico del Theodore Roosevelt.

Tambien estoy leyendo español/ingles ensayos o cuentos brevé paralelos para aprender español.

Corrigidme español por favor.

Gracias

@ Crotalito, sorry it may not pertain to the topic of this thread but I just have to compliment you on your love of learning english, you prove it by using it in almost every post you write. Perhaps I should do the same with Spanish? Do you read English Stories to your children? or do you read them stories in both Spanish and English?
Absolute not I don't accustom to read them in English the infantile stories to my children, because they don't haven't the enough knowledge about this wonderful language, therefore searching them in the network and later I print my investigation, when I take shit a moment and I start to read all the stories to my children, I try to translate the stories for them, so I can practice a little meanwhile I try to put sleep them every nigh.

Thank you for your accomplish for me.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 09, 2010, 05:05 PM
Emerald

Native Language: Bicol/Tagalog; English = second language
vita32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Absolute not I don't accustom to read them in English the infantile stories to my children, because they don't haven't the enough knowledge about this wonderful language, therefore searching them in the network and later I print my investigation, when I take shit a moment and I start to read all the stories to my children, I try to translate the stories for them, so I can practice a little meanwhile I try to put sleep them every nigh.

@CrOtALiTo, Just a friendly reminder, Please be very careful with the spelling of s***t. I know you meant sheet as in sheet of paper to print out information from websites. The other S*** with *h*i*t* is usually used as a curse (dirty) word.

All corrections are appreciated.
Old November 10, 2010, 01:41 PM
Diamond

Nope, I wanted to mean Sit down.

When I take sit down.

Thank you for the clarification.
Old November 10, 2010, 04:48 PM
Emerald

Quote:
Nope, I wanted to mean Sit down.

When I take sit down.

Thank you for the clarification.
You are welcome. Let me tell you a funny story I have when I started working as a nurse at one of the Hospitals here in the USA. I asked one of my co-workers to bring me clean sheets (sheets, also mean bed linens). My co-workers started laughing! I realized that the reason they were laughing was because of my Filipino accent, I wasn't pronouncing the "ee" correctly. I was pronouncing it as "i" (English "i"), so my co-worker was hearing me say the bad word "s**t" instead of what I meant which is sheets or bed linens. Until now I still avoid saying this word (sheet) I prefer to say bed linens for sheets or piece of paper for sheet of paper

You can remove the word "take" and just say "When I sit down". This would be more natural.

Old November 11, 2010, 04:37 AM
Opal

chimichanga is on a distinguished road
At the moment I am reading 'A thousand splendid suns' and am really enjoying it. I read it every day on the train to work and its amazing how quickly you can get through books just reading half an hour a day!
Old November 11, 2010, 12:58 PM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Dale is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am so sorry but I was rolling on the floor when I read this...
Thank you so much for making me smile today. When I get a little better at Spanish I'll probably return the favor.
Old November 11, 2010, 01:10 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Oh boy... !
Old November 11, 2010, 03:58 PM
Diamond

Yes I will keep in mind your commentary, I forgot the word completely and I placed sheet instead of sit down.

Now where is it the funny?

Because really I didn't understand what was the cause of the smile or laughing!
Old November 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Emerald

Right now I'm very careful about words in spanish that starts with "c" because I've found out from my Spanish-English dictionary some very naughty Spanish words starting with this letter. For English learners, it is probably better to be cautious about English words that start with "F" and "S" and make sure to double check the spelling to avoid using the wrong word. But in the process of learning, mistakes will be made..... so BIG DEAL!!! I'll laugh at my mistakes along with my friends and move on..... Life is too precious and time is too short to spend my time like this

Old November 12, 2010, 12:42 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Yes, you must ve very careful when saying or writing the word "cajones". And be careful when you wish a Happy New Year in Spanish, don't forget the "virgulilla" () over the ñ (año).

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: