Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > Cosas técnicas
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Learning a Spanish Accent

Problemas técnicas con el uso de este sitio y el aprendizaje de idiomas en general.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
Rusty Rusty no está en línea
Señor Speedy

Primera Lengua: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
... neighbor who is of Mexican descent but born ...
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 09:39 AM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@Alec: Although this may not necessarily be the interpretation given to the word "Mexican" in this thread, you can actually be a Mexican born in the USA. Mexican government recognizes Mexican nationality to the children of Mexican parents. (Three generations of people born in the USA can keep Mexican nationality if they have demanded it from Mexican government.)
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
aleCcowaN aleCcowaN no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por chileno Ver Mensaje

In your case, you confuse a country with a continent.
Yes, it's certainly me . It certainly should come from not following Teddy Roosevelt teachings.

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por AngelicaDeAlquezar Ver Mensaje
@Alec: Although this may not necessarily be the interpretation given to the word "Mexican" in this thread, you can actually be a Mexican born in the USA. Mexican government recognizes Mexican nationality to the children of Mexican parents. (Three generations of people born in the USA can keep Mexican nationality if they have demanded it from Mexican government.)
Good to know. Here we favour ius soli over ius sanguinis. Anyway I'm currently applying for Italian citizenship, just in case the local political and economical developments go more south becoming even more Chavez-like.
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
poli poli no está en línea
rule 1: gravity

Primera Lengua: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Italy isn't good either Alec, but at least they got rid of Il Cavaliere. In English we often say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. From what I've seen, Argentina has a good standard of living.

I'm sure I've written something similar to this before but most natives of the USA do not refer to themselves as Americans because of Teddy Roosevelt's or Monroe's expansionist visions, but because of a lack of a good easy way of saying it any other way. There is no term United Statesians. As of yet we have little other choice. When US citizens call themselves Americans, it may sound jingoistic(although some are) to the rest of America, but it's used mainly because of a lack of a better term. Of course in Spanish you may say estado unidense, but that sounds very clunky to me too. I use it nevertheless.

Última edición por poli fecha: December 21, 2011 a las 08:13 PM Razón: wrote Madison instead of Monroe
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 09:21 PM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por aleCcowaN Ver Mensaje
Yes, it's certainly me . It certainly should come from not following Teddy Roosevelt teachings.
Not sure what you are talking about, but, since you mentioned you are trying to get the Italian citizenship, and here I am assuming, I take it you have an Italian surname.

Not sure, but most likely your family has already been in Argentina for some generation(s), so you were born in Argentina, and your ancestors were Italian.

I bet some people in Argentina, friends and others would call you "tano" (Italian) even though you were born in Argentina.

Well, are you Italian or are you Argentinian? You cannot be both.

Now, the people that call you "tano", are they being mean or racist in anyway? They at any moment call you "tano" in anger, are they being racists or just angry at you?

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por poli Ver Mensaje
Italy isn't good either Alec, but at least they got rid of Il Cavaliere. In English we often say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. From what I've seen, Argentina has a good standard of living.

I'm sure I've written something similar to this before but most natives of the USA do not refer to themselves as Americans because of Teddy Roosevelt's or Monroe's expansionist visions, but because of a lack of a good easy way of saying it any other way. There is no term United Statesians. As of yet we have little other choice. When US citizens call themselves Americans, it may sound jingoistic(although some are) to the rest of America, but it's used mainly because of a lack of a better term. Of course in Spanish you may say estado unidense, but that sounds very clunky to me too. I use it nevertheless.
When you say the rest of America, you're talking about the continent, clearly.

Estado unidense, is indeed clunky, moreover, it is wrong because Mexican could be called estado unidenses too, since there is that "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" in the name of their country.

Norteamericano isn't a choice either, since Canada and Mexico co-exist with America, in America (the continent)

OK, I'll lay it off now.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo December 21, 2011, 10:05 PM
caliber1 caliber1 no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: English
caliber1 is on a distinguished road
Oops. I didn't mean to start a debate I promise. I meant nothing bad when I said I had a neighbor who is Mexican. I may have been able to word that better
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo March 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Los cursos de dicción a actores extranjeros para que adquirieran el acento mexicano solían ser la norma (de unos quince o veinte años para acá, ya no)... a algunos de nosotros nos sorprendió saber, hasta hace muy poco, la nacionalidad de gente como Amparo Rivelles, por ejemplo.
Antiguo March 06, 2012, 12:37 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por sparkling Ver Mensaje
How difficult is it? Hardly anyone who is foreign speaks perfect US accent. Is it possible to learn Spanish accent?
I think that is almost impossible, already you don't catch the accept of other country in your life, you will can speak it clearly but perfectly, I don't think so.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación