Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Muchas gracias para traducciones

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old October 29, 2013, 10:56 AM
Opal

desdeque is on a distinguished road
Muchas gracias para traducciones

Three United States Autoworkers union speakers were guests in the conference. Sam Gindin moderated the speaking engagement. He belongs to CAW.

Since the 1930s autoworkers were symbols of working class power. For four decades they were tied to the two tier.

translation:

Los tres hablantes de la Union de los Autotrabajadores de los Estados Unidos eran los oradores invitados en la conferencia. Sam Gindin modero un compromise que hablan. El pertenece a CAW.

Desde que 1930s, los autotrabajadores eran los simbolos del poder de la clase obrera. Durante las cuatro decadas, ellos estaban atados a la dos grada...

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 29, 2013, 03:51 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Not all of your English sentences make sense. That is one of the reasons the machine translator failed to produce a proper translation.
The translation is quite poor, actually.

We aren't a free translation site. We are a language learning site. If you are here to learn Spanish, we can help you arrive at a proper translation.

If you would just like the sentences translated, clean them up and seek out a professional translation service.

There's no such thing as a 'United States Autoworkers union'. Since the proper title is 'United Automobile Workers', that's one of the first things I would fix. An older term for the union was 'United Automobile Workers of America'. And there were two other names, but none had 'United States' as a constituent. The union represents workers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Here is how I would translate your first sentence, after cleaning it up:
"A la conferencia se invitó a tres oradores del Sindicato de Trabajadores de la Industria Automotriz". If your audience is unfamiliar with the union, I would add "(UAW, por sus siglas en inglés)" at the end.
Old October 30, 2013, 08:46 AM
Opal

desdeque is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Not all of your English sentences make sense. That is one of the reasons the machine translator failed to produce a proper translation.
The translation is quite poor, actually.

We aren't a free translation site. We are a language learning site. If you are here to learn Spanish, we can help you arrive at a proper translation.

If you would just like the sentences translated, clean them up and seek out a professional translation service.

There's no such thing as a 'United States Autoworkers union'. Since the proper title is 'United Automobile Workers', that's one of the first things I would fix. An older term for the union was 'United Automobile Workers of America'. And there were two other names, but none had 'United States' as a constituent. The union represents workers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Here is how I would translate your first sentence, after cleaning it up:
"A la conferencia se invitó a tres oradores del Sindicato de Trabajadores de la Industria Automotriz". If your audience is unfamiliar with the union, I would add "(UAW, por sus siglas en inglés)" at the end.
I admit I used a translator as premilinary but only to make it easy and correct them later. Notice that if you translate the English version to Spanish in translator there are no "los", "la" and "el". Notice too that "hablantes" in Spanish translator does not define "speakers". I got it from English-Spanish dictionary. Thank you nonetheless. Muchas gracias! More power to you and the rest of moderators.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: